Undesirable Allies

The figure in front of her melted into smokey dark shadows as Lyra's axe blade swung. The Grimm's eyes glowed menacingly as Lyra's blade swung cleanly through their amorphous form. Lyra narrowed her own eyes in surprise as the Grimm regained shape, lunging backward slightly.

The Grimm resembled a girl with a green hood, fuzzy ears, a furry black tail, and reddened eyes. Seeing those last two traits was enough to make Lyra swing her axe downwards in fury, not wasting her breath on questions. The Grimm lunged backward, landing gracefully in a crouch as Lyra's axe slammed into the ground. Lyra snarled in anger, forcefully pulling her axe out of the grass. Sensing Lyra's obvious hostile attitude, the Grimm tightened it's grip on it's sword.

Since when can Grimm wield weapons?

Why does it matter? The voice hissed. It probably stole it from its last victim...just kill it!

Without another moment of hesitation, the Grimm sped towards Lyra. Lyra had never seen a Grimm move so fast, and as the Grimm swung it's sword diagonally, Lyra managed to raise her axe and block the blow right before the Grimm's blade nicked her. Sparks flew from their blades as Lyra pushed with immense rage, her strength growing as her eyes turned a brighter shade of red.

The Grimm lunged away, splitting it's sword into two katanas. Lyra seethed in rage, holding her axe in obvious rage. Unexpectedly, the small Grimm sprang upward and vaulted off the flat of Lyra's axe head, landing right behind her. The Grimm spun and slashed it's katanas in an X shape. Lyra managed to quickly side step, backflipping out of the way with ease. However, the Grimm did manage to cut her cheek. Lyra, no! Don't fail us...don't fail me... While her aura protected her, Lyra glared daggers, furious at the thought of a Grimm hurting her.

I will eradicate all of those horrendous monsters..

The Grimm leapt away from Lyra, cautiously glancing around. It still looked confused, but Lyra didn't care. She glared at the retreating Grimm and sprinted after it. Lyra swung her axe horizontally, and while the Grimm managed to dodge it, Lyra brought her axe down once again before the Grimm could try and dodge. The Grimm melted into shadows just in time for the axe to phase through her. The Grimm reappeared, slightly disoriented for some reason. In this moment of vulnerability, Lyra roundhouse kicked the Grimm in it's torso, using her grounded axe as an added leverage. The mysterious Grimm grunted in pain as it skid back at the powerful blow, losing it's grip on one of its katanas. The blade flew out of the Grimm's reach, making Lyra sigh in satisfaction.

Yes, that's right...

Wasting no time to gloat, Lyra charged once again at the Grimm who had it's back turned as a result of Lyra's kick. Lyra swung her axe down to deliver the final blow on the monstrous creature. To her surprise, the Grimm barely managed to block Lyra's axe, holding it's katana behind it's head. Sparks flew off of the two clashing weapons. Lyra was visibly overpowering the Grimm, and she grinned almost sadistically as she continued to push further. Just a little bit further, and Lyra would be one step closer to killing all of those creatures. Do it, Lyra, do it! Just a little bit further...

Lyra could see a blue haired person in the corner of her eye. Her grin grew wider; another person was coming to help her kill the tiring Grimm. The figure was running closer, and Lyra narrowed her crimson flecked eyes as she tensed to try and push past the Grimm's blade. All of a sudden, Lyra felt herself being tackled to the ground, glancing around in surprise and anger.

As Lyra blinked, she noticed that the figure was indeed Tanya, the girl that her and Pyrrha has met previously. The voice itself was furious, whispering obscenities and howling louder in Lyra's head. Lyra growled, struggling under Tanya's weight, but the girl wouldn't get off of her.