Chapter 12, "Cory?"

Jayda's POV

2 days later....

Harry has been in the studio nonstop lately, so it's given me a lot of time for work and the kids. Even though it's only been 3 days he's been in the studio a lot and I'm starting to miss him more.

He's been coming home around 2 in the morning, and if I didn't know exactly what he was doing and was insecure, I would think he would be cheating. I've pretty much just been fixing him food for him to come home and eat.

My assistant, Cory, and I have been hanging a lot more lately for work. We have this big project coming and honestly, I enjoyed his company with Harry being gone and what not. He's gotten to know the kids and everything since I've been working from home.

It was currently 2 in the morning and I was up doing work. I really was just making excuses to wait for Harry because lord knows I was tired.

About 30 minutes, he strolled in caring the plate of tacos I had fixed him.

"Why are you still up?" he asked shocked.

"I was just finishing some work, how was the studio?" I asked, taking off my glasses and closing my laptop.

"Good, really good actually. Are you sure you weren't just waiting for me to come home?" he questioned, beginning to undress.

"No, I definitely was doing that as well. I don't like going to sleep without you," I pouted.

"I know baby, I don't like it either, but I don't want you losing sleep because of me. You have a big day tomorrow," he said, giving me a quick peck.

"I know I know. That's why I needed to go to sleep with you tonight."

"Okay fine, but you need to make sure you're getting your rest." he cooed, snuggling up to me.

"Okay. Do you want to tell me about your day?"

"I do but you're tired. Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I want to hear all about it."

Harry went on to explain about how great his day was and I tried my best to not get jealous and be as supportive as possible.

"Sounds great babe, I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you, your support means everything to me. For tomorrow, how are you going to get to your presentation?"

"I was going to ride with Cory and drop the kids off at your mom's. She already said she would take them then come later to support while I set up." I explained.

"Cory?" he asked confused.

"Yes Harry. Cory, my assistant. I was going to ride with him tomorrow since you won't be coming right away."

"Oh, right."

"What?"

"Nothing. I just don't know how I feel about you riding with another man," he whispered.

"Boy please. It's just Cory. Calm down mr jealous, he's just taking me there, I was hoping you would be the one to take me home. If you know what I mean," I winked at him, kissing his hand.

"Yeah, I think I know what you mean," he laughed.

We finally fell asleep after talking for a few more minutes.

the next day....

I woke up alone in the bed. This was definitely a feeling I'm going to have to get used to. Cory had texted me that he would be over at 4 to get me, so Anne had plenty of time to come pick up the kids.

It was 9 now so I decided to take a shower and cook breakfast for the kids. I let the hot water hit my skin as I thought about how things have been lately. Everything's fine right?

I quickly finished up so I could start without the interruption of the kids. Today was going to be a long day....

Harry's POV

I didn't want to leave Jayda as early as I did, but I really had to finish this track. I'll be honest, it has been a minute since I've spent time at home, but this is what the industry is like. Usually when I return home both the kids and Jayda are sound asleep.

I didn't necessarily understand why Jayda's assistant    Cory had to take her to her seminar. What am I'm talking about? Surely he knows she's married. But then again, it's Jaya we're talking about. She has always been beautiful, but she is more than ever now.

Thankfully, I'll be getting out of the studio early today so I can be there to support her.

Jayda's POV

It was now 11 and I had finally gotten the kids up to come eat. For some reason, I made a big breakfast even thought it's just the four of us.

"Mommy?" Hannah called.

"Yes dear?"

"Where's daddy?"

I looked up from my plate to meet her eyes.

"He's working babe, remember?".

"He's been working a lot lately though," she whimpered.

"I know baby. But he's been taking a long break from his job, so he has to get back into it."

My heart broke as I looked at their sad faces. Hendrix always tried to keep it together for Hannah's sake, but I could tell he was hurting as well. I don't want them to think their father has abandoned them, but they're young. They're not supposed to feel like this.

"I miss daddy mommy," Hendrix cried.

"Me too baby, me too." I sighed.

2 hours later...

Anne had just came to pick the kids up. Hopefully, she can cheer them up a bit before they see Harry. I assured them that he would be home early today, so I was really hoping that it was true. Harry tends to get caught up in the music and lose track of time which isn't his fault but....I don't know. I'm just really counting on him to be a support system today.

I still had 3 hours before Cory would be here to pick me up. Cory was also a caucasian male. He was 6'1 with pretty ocean blue eyes. I really enjoyed having him as an assistant because he wasn't just an assistant to me, he was my friend. Especially nowadays. The kids really liked him and he's joined us for dinner a few times.

Although his company is always appreciated, he makes me think about how much I miss Harry. I miss him so much, but I don't want to ruin this for him so I force myself to just shut up and be supportive. 

I decided to clean up a bit and binge watch some tv to past the time. And finally, it was 3:00 so I decided to get ready. Today was a really big day for my company because I'll be showcasing all our work and  accomplishments over the past few years. A lot of big investors were coming so this wasn't an event I could afford to mess up.

I decided to go with a simple white fitted dress and can I just say, I looked mighty good in it. Maybe I was wearing this to get a ride out of Harry or maybe I just wanted to feel good about myself for once. I paired them with some black red bottom pumps.

Just on time, Cory pulled up letting me know he was here.

"Hello beautiful, you ready?

"You know it."

"You look absolutely stunning Jayda."

"Thanks Cory. Shall we go?"

"Let's do it."