Chapter 23, "Long time no see"

Jayda's POV

the next day...

I woke in Nick's bed as the memories of yesterday came flooding back to me. I hadn't realized I've been up nonstop until now. I miss Harry but apparently I'm the only one feeling this way. I got up and just began to cry. I didn't even mean to. I have an agenda today. I need to take a pregnancy test and go home.

The kids don't need to be in this situation and I feel like the worst mother ever for taking them in the first place. I know they missed him because I did too. I'll take them back and then just stay somewhere on my own. I'm so disgusted with myself right now and I don't even have anyone to comfort me.

I walked out the room to find the kids and Nick all watching tv.

"Hey. Morning. They were up and I didn't want to wake you." he explained.

"No thank you. Um...do you have any spare clothes for me? I need to take a shower."

"Yeah. I have some shorts and a shirt you can wear, but I don't have any you know um...."

"Yeah I know," I laughed, "That's fine. I'll just go to the mall later and grab some clothes for the kids and I, but I will gladly take the shirt and shorts."

"Cool. I can go get you some clothes if you just give me you and the kids sizes." he said, showing me to his closet.

"Really?"

"Yeah sure. It'll be real quick."

"Okay....I'll text you our information. Thank you."

"No problem."

Nick left the house going to go get us some extra clothes. I texted him our sizes and quickly got in the shower. Hannah and Hendrix were occupied watching Cars, so I had time to really take a minute and breath.

I looked down at my stomach not knowing what to think. I feel horrible. Would Kara and Zayn feel happy for me? It doesn't matter. I most likely won't even be home to find out.

I got out the shower putting on the clothes Nick had lended me. I walked into the living room to find the kids in their same spot.

"Hey guys?"

"Yes mom?" Hannah answered.

"You both ready to go home today?"

"Only if you're ready mommy," Hendrix answered.

"I'm ready for y'all to be around daddy again and comfortable. I'm sorry for moving you around so much."

"It's fine. I liked seeing grandma and Nick is really cool," Hannah smiled.

"Yes, yes he is," I laughed.

30 minutes later....

Nick walked in the house with bags from all types of stores.

"Jesus Nick. You didn't have to buy this much." I gasped.

"It was no problem really."

I thanked him and took the bags from his hand. I went back into the bathroom to put on a bra and underwear.

"Okay you too. Shower time." I said.

They got up and each went to a bathroom. I picked out an outfit for them and sat it out as they went to bathe.

"Thank you again."

"Stop thanking me. Are you okay now?"

"Not really, but I will be. I just feel like a horrible mom."