Part 60, "Happy Birthday"

Jayda's POV

I woke up to find myself in Kara and Zayn's room. The reality of everything that happened the night before hit me so hard. I instantly began to cry and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Shhh....I'm right here Jayda. I'm here okay?" Kara whispered.

"I-Kara....What did I do?" I cried.

"You did what was best for you Jayda. You have to know that."

"Then why does it feel like my insides are being ripped apart?"

"I don't know Jayda. I don't know."

"I'm sorry. Where's Zayn? How was the talk last night?"

Kara's POV

I really don't want Jayda to be hurting anymore because of Zayn and I, but I simply cannot lie to her. Not to Jayda.

"I need to be honest with you." I started.

"Okay." she said, sitting up.

"Zayn and I broke up. Well, more like he broke up with me. He said we can co parent and just be friends." I said, ripping off the bandaid.

"He did what now?"

"I really thought we could get through this Jayda. I-I really believed that he would change and if not for himself, then he would do it for me. But I guess I was wrong. I guess I was wrong about a lot of things actually." I sighed, unwanted tears beginning to escape my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Kara. I wouldn't have came if I knew."

"It's not your fault. It's just the way it is. Besides, Zayn was my boyfriend who knocked me up. Harry is your husband whom you have two kids with. Our situation is very minor compared to y'all's."

"That's not true Kara. Zayn is the love of your life and you are his. Y'all are just as important. Plus, I don't know if I can even say husband anymore?" she whispered.

We are a mess. Both of us. We held each other as we just cried in silence. It hurt seeing Jayda like this. A girl who was once so happy and filled with joy is now lost and feels alone. She's come such a long way just to be pushed back down to square one.

"You guys will make it work. You have to. There's too much love between you both." she said finally.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I know your heart Kara.....and I know his. Y'all beat at the same rhythm. His heart beats for you. That type of love is rare. You don't just throw that away." she smiled. She was trying to work through the pain, but I could see right through it.

"Jayda what about-"

"Don't worry about that. I'm okay Kara. I will be okay. You know me."

I do know her. That's how I know she's not okay.

"I'm serious. Fix it. For real this time please. I know it will take a while for you both to get back to the way it used to be, but y'all can do the work. You need to. It's not as simple anymore. You both are grown and there's a baby involved. Most importantly Kara....there's love involved. So try. Please?"

"How can you still do that?"

"Do what?"

"How can you still give so much love for others? Jayda it's okay not to be okay."

"I know Kara. I can do it because I know that out of the two of us, you have a real shot here and I can't let that go to waste. I can't let you sit here and be sorry for me when you're fighting for love too. I love you too much Kara and you deserve all the happiness in the world."