Chapter 70, "I'll Tell You Everything"

Corbyn's POV

Jayda fell asleep soundlessly on me and I let her rest. Without her having to tell me, I just know she's been through a lot,and that's she's tired, and I'll be here when she's ready to talk about it. I know Harry is good guy, but there's always a hint of pain behind her eyes when he's brought up. How could something so beautiful be so damaged? And how could Harry let that happen?

I'm not going to judge him though. I don't know the full story and I won't pry to try and figure it out. I just want this impeccable woman in my arms to stop feeling the hurt that she is right now.

I rubbed up and down her leg and realize that we've been in here for hours. I look over to check the time and notice it's about time to go get the kids from school. I don't want to wake her though; she looks too peaceful. I carefully removed myself from under her, being careful not to wake her, and placed the covers over her bare legs.

I placed a simple kiss on her forehead and put my shirt on, grabbing her keys on the way out.

"Hey, I'll be back." I told Jack, who was holding a sleeping Jade in his arms.

"Alright. Where you going?" he asked, curiously.

"I'm going to go pick up Hannah and Hendrix from school."

His head snapped quickly towards mine in utter shock. "What?" I asked.

"Did you realize what you just said?"

"Yes....and?"

"Nothing."

"Oh don't look at me like that. She's sleeping and I don't want to wake her. Can we talk about this later? I don't want them waiting." I told him, even though they still had about 30 minutes till school was out.

"Okay." he said simply, smirking to himself.

I left the house and started towards their school. Being that I left early, I was like the fifth person in line. The time passed by quickly as I occupied myself with reading emails on my phone and playing some math games.

I saw the line begin to move and saw Hannah and Hendrix instantly. They ran towards the car and hopped in as if it was nothing.

"Hi Corbyn! Where's mom?" Hannah asked.

"She's sleeping right now, so I thought I would pick you guys up. Is that okay?"

"Yup. Ouuu can we get some ice cream please?"

"Sure but you have to promise that it's our little secret okay? Your mom would kill me if she found out I fed y'all sweets before dinner."

"Okay." Hendrix laughed.

Jayda's POV

I woke up tucked under the covers and with no Corbyn around. I turned over to check the time and realized it was on the cusp of 9. Oh god. The kids. How could I just fall asleep? Where is Corbyn? Why didn't he wake me?

As my mind filled with thoughts of how I'm a horrible mother, Corbyn walked in the room.

"Hey there sleeping beauty. Kara told me to tell you she was home by the way." he smiled, but it quickly changed once he saw my worried face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"How could you just let me sleep? I completely forgot to pick up the kids. I'm such a bad mom. Why didn't you wake me?" I freaked out.

Corbyn looked at me in surprise and then walked towards me and began rubbing my arms. "Don't worry. I got them." he said, placing a kiss to my forehead.

"You what?"

"I got them. They're upstairs now safe and sound and about to go to sleep. They're fed and took showers. I got them." he repeated again.