The Aftermath Part II

Let's dew it

She sat still for a few moments, her eyelids closer to one another than usual, glaring.

Anakin didn't dare blink his eyes as he stared into hers.

 No words were spoken between the two of them as they each waited for the other to make the first move.

"I must take his place," Ahsoka said, her tone eerily familiar to the whisper that the Son had spoken in.

Anakin remained still as she rose from the floor, not making any move to hurt him as she walked to the door of their quarters.

"Where are you going?" he asked, his voice firm but not angry.

"Back to Mortis," she answered. "The dark has learned to overtake the light, and I would much rather be on the winning side."

"No," Anakin said sternly, standing up. "No, you're staying here. With me."

Ahsoka pivoted slowly on her heel, facing her master once again. Her eyes narrowed into slits as she stepped closer to him.

"Don't make me kill you."

"Ahsoka-"

"Stay away from me!" she shouted, a lamp beside them shattered as she balled her fists up. "You're the one putting me through this pain! It's you're fault that I'm like this!"

"Ahsoka, I separated the darkness and the light within you so that I could get the dark out! I know you don't trust me right now, but you have to try and remember what's going on! I'm trying to save you!" Anakin pleaded.

"No," she hissed back. "You only make things worse."

And with that, she lunged at the door, Anakin making a beeline to grab her before she got away.

"LET ME GO!" she screamed, tugging away from him. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO!"

She yanked herself out of his grasp, igniting both of her sabers in preparation.

However, what she was not prepared for, was the black that engulfed her vision as the hilt of Anakin's lightsaber came in contact with her head, knocking her out almost instantly.

"Oh my Force, oh my Force," he muttered over and over again as he lifted her up and laid her down on his bunk.

Send some of your energy to her, he thought to himself as he took her hand in his.

"Ahsoka," he whispered. "I don't know if you can hear me... but I know you can do this. You're strong... you- what?"

He stopped talking as he noticed something on her arm.

Teeth marks.

Black teeth marks.

He inhaled sharply as the realization came to him. Force, this was going to hurt her.

His eyes panned up her, taking in the black veins that lined her body. It all made sense now.

He levitated up a jagged shard of metal from the lamp that she had broken moments ago, bringing it into his hand.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he lowered the sharp edge to her skin.

He followed the lines that the Son's teeth had left in her skin, cutting deeply enough for the black blood to ooze out, dripping down the side of the bed.

Ahsoka stirred after a few moments. Her eyes were still yellow, yet, much paler than before. Anakin took a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, smacking her head into his lightsaber hilt once more. Her eyes shut almost instantly.

He worked quickly, putting pressure on all sides of his incisions in order to get as much of the black blood out as he could.

He looked up to her face, breathing a sigh of relief as the veins drained out, one last waterfall of blood drizzling onto the mattress, finally returning to its regular color.

"Ahsoka?" he asked quickly, tearing off a piece of his tunic and wrapping it tightly around the wound.

She did not wake.

"Ahsoka?" he repeated again, shaking her. 

Nothing.

Anakin checked her pulse frantically.

No

"I- I...." he stuttered, falling backwards.

He had killed her.

No

"No.... no, no.... I just," he continued, standing on his knees to lean over her.

"... Snips, no," he breathed, placing his palms on either side of her face. "No."

The idea that came to him was dumb, he knew. It would likely fail.

But he had to try. 

He would not lose his sister.

And so he began.

"I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me."

He closed his eyes, leaning down to press his forehead against hers, sending his thoughts to her mind, hoping (praying) that she would hear him and wake up.

"I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me," he repeated one last time.

Ahsoka screamed.

"PERSONAL SPACE, ANAKIN, PERSONAL SPACE!" she shouted, shoving him away from her.

"SNIPS!" he yelled in reply, picking himself up off of the ground where she had pushed him to. "Are you okay?!"

"It's... gone. He's gone!" she cheered.

"You did it!" Anakin responded, his smile brighter than it had been when she had woken up from the dead the first time.

"We did it," Ahsoka corrected, taking his hands. "Ummm, what's that?" she asked, pointing to the black blood that had stained his bed.

Anakin sighed happily.

"Nothing we need to worry about anymore."

I wanted to do a sad ending.... I really did... BUT I CANT BRING MYSELF TO DO IT. IM SOFT, OKAY?

Anyways, thank you for reading, have a great night, and leave suggestions if ya want!