Something New Part 2

guys i rewatched the my little pony wedding movie yesterday (don't ask why. it's the best movie ever) and... *sniff* "big brother best friend" is hitting a little different now as a snips and skyguy stan 😔🤚

It didn't take long for the pair to lose consciousness together, both winding up in the same place as they fell asleep.

The setting was much clearer now- a sandy, hot, desert planet.

It was, without a doubt, Tatooine.

Anakin's hand was stiff when Ahsoka reached down to hold it. The last time they'd been there, he's made it very clear that he was not interested in discussing his past.

Now it seemed as if they were only there to do just that.

"You okay?" she asked. He nodded.

"Of course."

"Do you- er... know where we are? Anywhere near where your mom lived?"

Anakin's eyebrows furrowed as he pointed to the house in front of them. He swallowed hard, his voice catching when he said,

"This was our house."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Should we go inside?"

Anakin responded by taking two steps forward, Ahsoka's hand still clutching his as she followed. He froze, a choking sound escaping his throat as they stopped at the doorway.

"We're in this together," Ahsoka said, giving his hand a squeeze. He nodded, closing his eyes  tightly for a moment, and then opening them again as they entered the house.

"Ani? Is that you?"

"Mom," Anakin breathed, hugging her tightly as she took form in front of them. Ahsoka let go of her master's hand, crossing her arms over her chest and positively beaming at the happiness and warmth radiating off of Anakin in the Force.

"You... you have to meet her, Mom. She brought me here," he continued breathlessly, swiping at his eyes as he pulled away and gesturing down to Ahsoka. "She's my... my..."

Ahsoka giggled as the words 'daughter' and 'sister' tangled in his throat, unsure of how to refer to her. He smiled, running a hand down her left lek.

"She's my Ahsoka."

"I'm his Ahsoka," she repeated, smiling warmly as Shmi cupped her face gently with one hand.

"I know."

She lowered her hand to her side.

"How do you know?" Anakin piped up.

"I've watched," she began with a knowing smile. "I watched her walk into your life, Ani. I watched you panic when she was assigned to you. I watched you find yourself in her, and take comfort in your relationship when you came to love her like a daughter."

"I do," Anakin said softly. "I love you, Snips."

"Love you too," Ahsoka whispered.

"Thank you," Shmi told her, wiping a tear from her orange skin. "Thank you for keeping my son safe."

TFATWS SPOILERS BELOW

HES LOST IT

HES FREAKING LOST IT

THIS MAN WITH HIS DIY FIVE MINUTE CRAFTS SHIELD IM DEAD

ALSO THE SCENE WHERE BUCKY SMILES WHEN HE WAKES UP ON THE COUCH KILLED ME

AND. SAM. IS. FINALLY. CAPTAIN. AMERICAAAA SDJNFALDNLAJDFNA