"Padawan Tano, there are too many of them! What are we going to do?"

Request from Ferb_Is_Sexy that i'm super excited to write

"Padawan Tano!" a small blond boy called, rushing forward to Ahsoka's side. He tugged on her sleeve, and she couldn't even find the strength to remind him that she was no longer a Padawan.

"What's the matter, Little One?" she asked, her voice shaking. Her shock from Rex's- Rex's -attempt to murder her was still very present.

"There are too many of them," he continued, his bottom lip trembling. "What are we going to do?"

And as she stared into his innocent blue eyes, she couldn't help but feel a tear finally spill out of her own.

"Get behind the chair," she said quietly. The closet would be a good choice, but if anyone found them, they would be closed in immediately.

"Come on," a small rodian girl whispered, grabbing the boy's hand.

"Yeah," Ahsoka said, trying to think as quickly as possible . "Everyone get back behind the chairs."

She waited until all of them had shuffled across the floor, and into their spots before squatting in front of the front one.

She inhaled deeply, tasting salt as she licked at her lips.

"Don't worry," she spoke, her voice as steady as she could possibly make it. "I'm going to protect you all."

The rodian girl cried out after a few seconds, and Ahsoka felt her heart break as she turned to shush her.

"I-it's gonna be okay. You all just need to keep quiet for a little longer please. I promise that you'll be-"

Her heart went cold as footsteps drew closer to the entrance. She frantically tapped her hand against the ground, hoping that the younglings would take it to mean "be quiet".

The heavy footsteps stopped. Ahsoka wanted nothing more than to squeeze her eyes shut, to sob, to scream- but she couldn't, She would protect the younglings with her life if that was what it came to. They were her responsibility now.

She took a breath and peeked her head out from behind her hiding place, certain that whoever was there could hear the thundering sound of her heart that rang clear in her montrals.

But those boots... they were-

"Anakin?" she asked, looking up. As she followed the boots up to the top of his head. "Anakin, I thought you were dead," she choked out, climbing up onto shaking legs.

"Ahsoka," he stated, his voice soft as she all but fell into his arms.

"I thought- I thought you were dead, and I would never see you again. I felt our bond... snap, what happened?" she cried, shaking as he held her.

The younglings crawled out of their hiding places, their fearful faces watching hopefully as the old master and padawan duo reunited.

Anakin ran a hand up and down her back, shushing her with each stroke.

"Easy, Little One," he murmured.

"I-" she began, but it was quickly interrupted as the sound of a lightsaber igniting echoed through the room.

Ahsoka froze, her eyes widening in horror as she felt the blade crossing through her back and stomach.

She could faintly make out the scream of a youngling.

She choked, her mouth hanging open, eye markings furrowed as her eyes met Anakin's.

"I would never let anyone hurt you Ahsoka, never!"

She coughed, struggling to remember all the things she had left to say to him.

Her time ran out too quickly, eyes rolling back as her severed body collapsed to the ground.

"Goodbye, Snips."

Anakin's eyes glowed yellow.

you guys know the loki smile? the one that's like this emoji 😈? Yeah that's exactly what I did when i came up with the ending for this one.

also, i DO believe that ahsoka could've saved anakin, but for sadness purposes, i didn't take that path for this