brutal

i have decided that for my last few chapters before i've got to dip for a bit are going to be based on each of the songs from sour.

why am i doing this? b e c a u s e  i  c a n.

and this chapter is dedicated to Mar17209 bc u have been following this book for soooo long, and still make the time to comment on like every single chapter i write. it means a lot :) so this is for u!!

"I wonder what it's like," Ahsoka said nonchalantly, glancing down from the TV screen to her fidgeting hands, and back up again.

"What what's like?" Anakin asked from beside her, turning his head away from the screen.

She shrugged, gesturing half-heartedly at the pixelated image of three twi'lek, togruta, and human girls all sitting at a table together, giggles echoing behind the artificial laugh track that the show was playing.

"Y'know, just... being a normal teen I guess."

Anakin furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at his lap, and then over to Ahsoka, who had turned away from the screen to face him.

"Not that I- not that I don't want to be a Jedi or anything, I just- I... I don't know." She sighed again. "It's... weird."

"No it isn't," Anakin said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay to want normal things, Ahsoka. While we are Jedi, you have to remember that- first and foremost- we're human."

"Togrutan," she corrected with a laugh. Anakin face palmed. "But I get your point- continue."

Anakin lowered the hand on her shoulder to one of her own, squeezing softly.

"You are right. You should want things to be normal. You should want something other than this role that you've been forced into. You shouldn't be a soldier, Snips- you're fifteen."

"I know... but I can't do anything about it."

Anakin glanced back up at the screen, which was now depicting the scene of the three girls sipping smoothies as they walked down the street together.

"Wanna get some drinks and go for a walk?" he suggested.

Ahsoka's smile was answer enough for him.

"Come on." He pulled her up off of the couch, letting go of her hand once she was up to flick off the TV.

Just as he turned to go get his boots on, he was stopped by a pair of small arms throwing themselves around his middle.

Patting her back awkwardly, he asked,

"Uhhh, what's this for?"

"Everything. You're the best."

happy bad batch eve!! manifesting: rex in the next episode, and nothing bad happening to anyone ever.

aLSO GUYS I MADE A LULA 😭