One Person Part 2

‼️tw: self harm‼️

so uh... my conversation with my parents abt this went pretty meh, so i'm gonna try and make this chapter how i wish it would've gone (i think they're gonna send me to therapy, which i probably need, but i'm still sorta freaked out abt it) (they also didn't appreciate my jokes abt my mental health lol)

By some miracle, both of the missions went smoothly (save for the Obi-Wan asking why Anakin was wiping tears from his eyes as they took off). Both Dooku and Maul had been captured, and the Chancellor had been safely returned to his office.

Anakin allowed himself to spend a half-hour with Padme, who was pregnant, he had learned, before going to find Ahsoka. He hoped that he hadn't kept her waiting for too long. Knowing the council, they likely were still dragging the details of her mission out of her.

He made it to the temple in record time, slowly beginning to realize just how badly he wanted- no, needed -to have someone to talk to about his newly formed, awful habit.

He nearly ran right into her on his way up the stairs. She was in a rush as well- seemingly on her way to him.

"Hey," she said with a bright smile, holding onto his elbows. "Where do you want to go? Are you hungry?"

"Hmm, not really," he replied taking her hands in his and swinging them from side to side. "Are you alright with just driving around a bit?"

"That would be great. Just like when we would sneak off so Obi-Wan would have to give all the reports," she laughed, giving his hands a squeeze before pulling away and stepping ahead of him down the stairs.

"Yeah, just like that," he chuckled, walking alongside her.

"You know what else is going to be just like old times? ME BEATING YOU TO THE SHIP!" she yelled, sprinting down the steps.

"Hey!" Anakin called after her laughing as they raced.

His gratitude towards her for not acting any differently around him was... practically infinite. She was treating him like she always had- the way an annoying little sister would poke fun at and tease with her older brother.

That alone relieved him immensely about the conversation they were going to have.

Ahsoka, sure enough, beat him to the ship. She hopped into the driver's seat, patting the space beside her for Anakin.

"Um... no," he joked, fully lifting her up and placing her in the passenger seat. She smirked, crossing her arms. "Wanna go anywhere in particular?" he asked as they began to lift off of the ground.

"I don't care," she hummed, tapping her fingers on her armrest.

"So, uh... about what happened before we both left-"

"Only if you're comfortable," Ahsoka said quickly, her smirk morphing into a comforting smile. She laid her hand on his arm. "I don't want you to feel any more anxious or stressed than you already do."

Anakin looked down, huffing out a small laugh before refocusing on swerving them around another ship.

"That means a lot, Snips," he said quietly. "A lot."

They fell into a comfortable silence, Ahsoka sticking her arms in the air every few minutes to feel the breeze of ships passing by. Anakin smiled at the familiar sight.

"I am," he decided. She snapped her head towards him. "I am- comfortable with talking to you. You're one of the very few people who I trust."

She beamed.

"You're my go-to person too, Anakin. I can tell you anything."

"I'm glad you feel that way," he continued softly, holding her kind gaze for just a moment too long. She laughed loudly as he cursed, making a frantic swerve around a very annoyed Rhodian on a speeder bike.

Once she died down, she prompted him with a question.

"When did it... y'know... start? The cutting?"

She winced as he tensed slightly at her words.

Too forward, she noted in her head. Be more gentle.

He cleared his throat, almost embarrassed to answer her question.

"Uh... well, um, it was actually right after you left."

Ahsoka froze.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

She wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. Had it been her fault all along?

"It wasn't just because of you though. That was just sort of the last straw. I promise you- this was not at all your fault." He gave her what he hoped was a reassuring smile, and Ahsoka sighed with relief.

"So there were... other things then? That were bothering you?" she asked tentatively.

Oh no, he thought. They were entering dangerous territory now. This, he was not willing to share.

"I would rather not talk about the other stuff, if you don't mind," he explained carefully. Ahsoka nodded.

"Of course. Like I said- whatever you're comfortable with." She received yet another grin at that- this one grateful.

"Sometimes," he sighed, "Sometimes I just feel lost... and I don't know what else to do. I just- ugh... it feels like everything is my fault- like I've got the whole weight of the galaxy on my shoulders and when I... when I cut, I feel relieved because I'm getting the punishment that I deserve."

"Well, that's your whole problem then."

"Huh?"

"It's simple. Well- not to you, I guess. But it is to the people who know and love you."

"What are you taking about?"

"You think that you deserve the pain when all that you deserve is to be loved- to be happy."

He didn't speak for a few moments, letting her words sink in. He'd told that to himself when he'd been trying to stop himself from cutting again, but it had never worked- at least not coming from his own mind.

But Ahsoka... she was, somehow, getting through to him.

Knowing that someone actually thought that he deserved happiness, even just one person, was enough to ease his mind.

"I'll try to stop," he finally said. "I promise."

"Good," she answered softly. "Hey, pull over here- there's something I want to do."

He arched an eyebrow as they passed by a tiny corner store, but obliged as he pulled up to the front.

Ahsoka hopped out and entered the shop, returning in minutes with a small bag.

"Take the glove off," she said softly with a kind smile. He did as he was told, face coloring slightly as the cuts came into view.

She pulled bandages and bacta patches from the bag. Ever so gently, she covered his wounds, securing the glove back over them when she was finished.

"Did I ever tell you that I love you?" he asked as she crumpled the trash into a tiny ball.

"Yeah... but it's nice to hear it again... so I'll say it too: Love you, Skyguy."

He swallowed away the tears.

They drove off.

have a great day guys!! happy bad batch eveee!!!