Geonosis

Request from Seaotter17

Osirjfrfiosejfioejfois

Idk

Not even a year.

Not even one damn year he had been her master for.

Anakin frantically clawed at the dirt, digging through the rubble that that his Padawan must have been trapped under.

"Skywalker, perhaps we should meditate on-"

"NO!" Anakin shouted, just about ready to slap Luminara Unduli across the face. "She's my Padawan! It's my job to protect her!"

"It's your job to prepare her to be able to take care of herself when you are not around. For now, there is nothing we can do," Luminara continued softly.

"How can you say that?!" Anakin exclaimed. "We need to get some supplies to start digging. I-if we focus hard enough in the force, we can hold the debris up so it doesn't fall on them. And then..." he trailed off as he saw the Jedi Master's sad expression.

"I can see how much you care for your student, how... attached you are, but-"

"OUR PADAWANS ARE DYING DOWN THERE, AND YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO LECTURE ME ON ATTACHMENTS RIGHT NOW?!"

"Control yourself," Luminara spoke gently. "You must realize- look!" she shouted suddenly, pointing at something a few feet ahead of them. A green hand was breaking through the surface.

Anakin rushed over, digging as quickly as he could. He grabbed onto Barriss's hand, helping her out of the rubble.

"Are you alright?" he asked her. She nodded tearfully as Anakin looked down to the hole that she had created. "Where...?"

Barriss shook her head, burying it in her hands.

"Where's Ahsoka?" he growled.

"She... she didn't... she didn't make it," Barriss cried, ignoring her master's horrified expression in response to her emotions.

"No, she isn't... no," Anakin spoke shakily, falling to his knees. "No, no, no."

"She is one with the Force now," Luminara whispered, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Shut up! Shut up with your stupid Force talk, and help me get her out!" Anakin screamed, burying his hands in the rubble. "AHSOKA!" he yelled, tears dripping down his dirt-stained face.

He punched the ground, using his anger to send debris flying everywhere as he began to crawl down the hole he was creating.

"AHSOKA!?" he sobbed, ignoring the gasps from Luminara as he channeled his rage through the force.

"Skywalker!"

"I'm not leaving until I find her!" he screamed, finally catching sight of her orange skin. "Ahsoka, Ahsoka!"

He grabbed her hand, pretending it was not as cold as ice because she couldn't be dead.

"Ahsoka," he whispered, pulling himself and her out of the hole. He laid her head on his lap, checking for a pulse with his flesh hand, squeezing her fist with the other. "It's okay, it's okay. I've got you now, Snips. It's alright," he cried quietly.

Not dead, not dead, he told himself, breathing heavily.

"I'm so sorry," he sobbed, squeezing her hand. "I was supposed to protect you. I'm so sorry."

"Master Skywalker, she a-asked me to t-tell you something," Barriss whimpered. Anakin nodded to show he was listening, not looking away from his dead Padawan.

"She said that you were the best friend she could've asked for, and that if it weren't for you, she wouldn't have been able to save me," Barriss continued. "She also said that if she became a ghost, she would haunt you."

Anakin chuckled sadly, squeezing his eyes shut.

"That sounds like my Snips."

"I'm sorry," Barriss whispered.

Anakin lifted Ahsoka's hand to his face.

"No. I'm the only one who has anything to be sorry for."

Not even one year, and he had already failed as a master.

This made me sad to write 😢 

WandaVision spoilerssss

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS GOING ON?! UM WHAT? ALSO: PIETRO NAME DROP OH MY GOSH (I FREAKING LOVE PIETRO SO IF WE GET A FLASHBACK OR MULTIVERSE VERSION OF HIM OR SOMETHING IMA LOSE IT)

And did Wanda go back into her accent for a few seconds?! Crazy!

Also I was totally vibing with the music when monica ("Geraldine" 🙄) got out at the end