Vormir

AhsokaGrangerSnips tysm for requesting this I'm so excited to make myself sad about it

Why us? Ahsoka thought to herself as she kneeled on the ground, barely ten feet away from the cliff that one of them would inevitably have to jump off of. Why would they send us?

But she knows exactly why- it's painfully obvious as she tilts her head to the side, taking in the sight of Anakin, his fists clenched as he glares at nothing and no one in particular.

It had to be them because they're the ones who care too much.

About the clones.

About their family.

About each other.

Both of them care when they know they're not supposed to, but they can't help it. They're so alike that it hurts to think about the fact that one of them must die in order to save everything.

A small price to pay for the sake of the whole galaxy.

Selfishly, they both think of what would happen if they don't follow the rules that the cloaked figure had given them. If they both walk away from Vormir together.

They both know that they can't.

"What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear," the cloaked man spoke.

"The stone's down there," Ahsoka stated confidently, her eyes focused on the space at the bottom of the drop. It's far down- easily enough to kill someone.

She doesn't like where this is going.

"For one of you," the man continues. "For the other..."

Anakin steps forward, inhaling slightly as he sees the height that they are at.

"In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul... for a soul."

The words are echoing in both of their minds as Anakin begins to pace back and forth, muttering about how this man is probably making it up.

Ahsoka can't bear to make eye contact with him. She'd just gotten him back, how could the universe be so cruel as to split them apart again?

She had been the only one able to get through to him after he became a killer as the result of Padme, Luke, and Leia's disappearance after the snap. The twins were barely even a year old, and they had already been taken from him.

Ahsoka feared what would happen once she was taken from him too.

'Once', not 'if', she thinks to herself.

Because it had to be her. 

She would rather it be her.

She refuses to let Anakin die.

Ahsoka assures him that it has to be true. All the evidence points toward it. He knows it, and so does she.

One of them will not be leaving this place.

There is no sound other than the frequent breeze that blows Anakin's hair over his face. Ahsoka's eyes bore into the ground.

She knows that he won't let it be her.

After all the horrible things that he's done to avenge his family, she knows that he wants it to be him.

She knows that he's the one who deserves it.

But that doesn't matter to her. She isn't going to let him die.

"Whatever it takes," she whispers, unsure if it's to herself or to Anakin.