1 step forward, 3 steps back

dedicating this one to ROTSforlife! tysm for all ur comments :)

Ahsoka swung her legs over her chair at the table, waving to her master as he stepped through the door, and into the kitchen.

"Guess what?" she said, standing up and walking over to him.

"What?" he answered, somewhat bitterly.

"Padme brought over dinner for us! She said that her handmaidens made a lot of extra stuff for her meeting tonight and she thought we could get a change from the temple food."

"Really?" Anakin asked, guiding his Padawan back over to the table with a hand on her shoulder.

She hummed, nodding her head.

"I was just waiting for you to get back from the Chancellor's before I opened everything," she said, gesturing to the table, almost entirely covered in fancy bowls and containers, foil wrapped tightly over the tops.

Anakin tried for a smile, running a hand through his hair.

"Thanks for waiting, Snips, but... I'm just not really hungry right now," he sighed. "I'm going to go take a shower. Why don't you go ahead and eat without me?"

The excited expression on her face faltered for a moment.

"No," she decided, smile returning back to normal. "I can wait a little longer."

"I- ugh," Anakin sighed again, shaking his head. "I just really need some time to clear my head right now. I don't want to keep you waiting."

Ahsoka looked down frustratedly.

Why wasn't he understanding? Sure she was excited about the nice dinner, but she was even more excited about sharing it with him.

"I don't mind."

"Ahsoka," he warned. "Stop being stubborn. Eat."

"I want to eat with you. Why can't you just clear your head by talking to me? I'm sure that I could help."

Anakin shook his head. 

Ahsoka could tell that he had already been in a bad mood when he had gotten there (he always seemed to be when he got back from the Chancellor's), and she knew that she was only making things worse.

"Snips, I don't want to snap at you but-"

"You're in a bad mood," she scoffed turning away. "I get it. You don't want to talk about it. You never want to talk about it. You just get all grumpy instead and push me away."

Anakin closed his eyes, balling his fists. He really didn't want to blow up at her- she hadn't done anything wrong -but he hated that she was right.

"Okay fine," he finally said. "I'll eat with you now." He sat down across from her, but she was up in an instant.

"I'm not hungry anymore."

--------------------------------

"What are you doing up?" Anakin asked from where he was seated on top of the counter.

"What are you doing up?" Ahsoka retorted, hopping up beside him.

"Ahsoka, it's two in the morning- go back to sleep."

"I couldn't sleep. I was hungry. Didn't eat dinner."

"Me neither."

Ahsoka crossed her arms, looking down at the floor.

"I..." Anakin began. "I've never been very good at talking to people. I have trouble... emoting correctly, and asking for help... especially with other Jedi."

"But I'm not just 'any other Jedi'," Ahsoka insisted. Anakin held a hand up to her.

"I know. That's why I'm apologizing to you. Ahsoka- I'm sorry for not coming to you more often when you just want to help. It isn't fair for me to take out my anger and stress on the people who I love."

She had been ready to accept and forgive him for his apology the moment that the "I'm sorry" had left his lips, but she suddenly didn't know what to say anymore.

'The people who I love.'

He loved her? He'd only known her for a few weeks.

"You love me?"

No one's ever told me that before.

"Of course, Snips."

And he didn't even hesitate when he said it!

"I love you too, Skyguy."

"Even after I pushed you away?"

"Yeah, even after that. I guess I forgive you," Ahsoka teased. "I know that you didn't mean to."

Anakin hopped down off of the counter.

"You hungry?" He pulled the fridge open, taking out two of the wrapped bowls, and walked back over to the counter.

Ahsoka took her bowl gratefully.

"Starving."

so i watched coco the other night bc it was on my mind after the chapters i wrote abt it and fully bawled my eyes out. i have come to the conclusion that every movie that has ever made me cry has been a pixar movie (with the exception of one hp movie)- toy story 3, inside out, and coco.