A Perfect Coincidence

Okay so this is actually based on a tiktok made by @ameliagonzales. in the comment section someone had a brilliant idea in response to it, and then someone ELSE said someone should fic it so... here i am!

I want to emphasize that this plot was NOT my idea, but i didn't want to drop anyone's tiktok username for credit without their consent.

anyways... here we go!

The wind whistled in Anakin's ears as his hair tickled his frost bitten face. Even from behind the shadow of the hood of the oversized cloak he had leant to Rex, he could tell that his Captain's cheeks had gone even more pink with cold with each howl the wind let out.

He assumed that his own had as well, but he didn't make much of a habit of observing his reflection in the neon-light-lined windows of the shops as they made their way to the cantina.

"You're certain this is a good idea, Sir?" Rex asked, a sigh on edge of his breath. "I don't want to cause any trouble-"

"No one is going to know that you're a clone with that thing on," Anakin replied, walking backwards so he could face him.

"No disrespect, Sir-"

"I asked you to call me Anakin. Please. I just want to..." he turned back around, eyes finding his boots as he ran a hand through his hair. "I just want to forget about the war for tonight. We're not 'Captain' and 'General'- just two friends going out to have a good night."

"Sure thing... Sir."

"Rex," Anakin groaned, tossing his head back with an eye roll as Rex laughed.

He chuckled along with him as they opened the door to the cantina, grins immediately spreading across their faces as upbeat music greeted them.

"Live music tonight," Anakin noted, nodding his head. "This place got great reviews in the entertainment section."

"Yeah, well how about the drinks section?" Rex asked, nodding his head towards the bar.

"Guess we'll just have to go find out for ourselves," Anakin replied, clapping him on the back as he made his way over to a stool.

"What can I get you fellas?" drawled the bartender, a tall rodian man with a scratchy voice.

Rex cleared his throat attempting to put on a Coruscanti accent as he said,

"Spotchka for me, and..." he trailed off, looking at Anakin.

"Bloody Rancor," Anakin answered.

If the bartender had recognized Rex's voice, he didn't make it obvious as he turned around to retrieve their drinks.

Rex whistled out a sigh of relief, his head turning to the side to see the formation of a large crowd in front of the stage.

He turned back to see Anakin swiveling his stool in half-circles as he waited for their orders to arrive.

"What's going on over there?" Anakin asked, cocking his head toward the growing crowd. Rex shrugged as a clink sounded, their drinks arriving in front of them.

"Ahh, it's that Ashla girl. Made quite a name for herself singing 'round these parts. Comes to perform here once a week. Always our busiest night," the bartender explained as Anakin slid credits into his open hand.

"Guess we were lucky enough to come on the right day," Rex noted, sipping his drink. Anakin nodded in agreement, falling back into a routine of spinning his stool from side to side as music began to play.

"Come on," he said, hopping off of his chair. "Let's go join the crowd."

Rex shrugged following him into the swarm of people. They couldn't see the singer from their place in the back, and the stage was quite small.