Modern Part 5

Dear Seaotter17,

Why must you ask this of me?

Jk jk I love writing pain ❤️

Anakin's life had been flipped upside down one too many times since the passing of his mother. The last thing that he needed was for it to go completely down hill, but that was exactly what it did.

Literally.

The night that his car had spun out of control on that icy street, he had thought he was going to lose his own life.

It turned out to be much worse though.

Instead, he lost Ahsoka.

They had been out celebrating his eighteenth birthday, just the two of them. They had been chatting excitedly about how he could soon become her legal guardian.

"I'm never calling you 'Dad'," she laughed. Anakin threw his head back at the very thought of it.

"I would never ask you to do that," he replied, lifting his hand up off of the wheel to playfully ruffle her hair.

Oh, if only he hadn't done that.

If only he hadn't taken his eyes off of the road for that one damn second.

If only he had paid more attention.

If only, if only, if only....

He could go on and on about it to himself, but nothing could change the fact that his sister- the only person he had left, the person he loved more than anyone in the world, the one who he would give anything to protect -was dead.

She was dead.

He pressed his forehead against the cool stone of her grave, smoothing out the grass in front of it so he could lay his gifts down on top of it.

He brought no flowers for her- he knew that she wouldn't have cared for those.

Instead, he left a Milky Way chocolate bar on top of the ground, under which she was buried, knowing that it had been her favorite.

"I would give the Milky Way for you, Snips- the whole damn galaxy," he whispered, shivering as the dusk breeze sent goosebumps rippling up his skin.

"I guess you're already up there with the stars, where you belong," he continued. "You're probably looking down at me and laughing, I know I'm not usually this expressive."

He sighed.

"But it's my fault you're gone. You were the best thing I've ever had, Snips," he choked, reaching down to dig his fingers into the dirt.

"I hope you're happier now... happier than you could ever be down here with me."

Hey, so if u ever left a request awhile ago and I didn't write it, feel free to pm me abt it. Cuz I'm super unorganized and if I forgot IM SO SORRY so please just yell at me until I do it :)

Kk have a good night!