As Long As She's Happy

His eyes squeezed tightly shut. He had to stay strong for her. It had been her decision. And if this was what she wanted... he was going to give it to her. All he wanted was for her to be happy.

He pretended not to notice her refusal to make eye contact with him, and the obviously fake smile that she continued to wear every time he spoke to her.

He wanted desperately to change her mind, but what kind of a friend would he be if he did that? He wanted whatever she wanted- even if it meant him ending up hurt. As long as she was happy.

He had planned on making this as quick and painless as he possibly could- for both of their sakes. Yes, the sooner he was gone, the sooner the healing could begin. The sooner they would begin to forget one another.

She averted his gaze once more as the ship touched the ground, bouncing slightly.

"Well, I'd have to say that this takes the cake for the quietest flight we've ever been on," he joked. Ahsoka nodded in agreement, her eyes focused only on her boots. Are you sure that you want to do this? Is what he wanted to say, but he knew better. He didn't want her to doubt herself. If this was what she wanted, this was what she would get. As long as she was happy.

He opened the door, and made his way over to the ramp, his loud footsteps echoing throughout the vast space. He turned when he realized that she was not following.

Her eyes remained firmly on the ground. She was frozen in her stance, until she felt his comforting hand on her shoulder.

Her big, blue eyes struggled to meet his... but they did. A tear slipped down her face, and was quickly wiped away with a swipe of Anakin's gloved thumb. She blinked, allowing the pressure of her eyelids to cause more tears to spill over. When her eyes opened, she saw that he had knelt down to eye level with her.

"Everything is going to be okay," he promised. "You are right where you're supposed to be." And when he said it, she believed him.

Her shoulders shook as he guided her down the ramp. Both of their boots sank a few inches in the soft dirt. They walked silently to one of the small cabins that lined the area.

"Would you like me to go in with you?" he asked. She took a deep breath.

"No... no, I'm going to do this on my own. I have to," she stated, not seeming entirely convinced of her own words.

"Going in with me doesn't make you weak," he reminded her. She shook her head, the tears starting again.

"That's not what I'm worried about," she cried.

"Then what are you worr-"

"I... I don't think it's going to be easy to forget you, Skyguy. The sooner we say goodbye, the sooner I can make it stop hurting."

"I was thinking the exact same thing," Anakin admitted. "I know it will make it more difficult in the end, but maybe we could make one last memory while we still can."

"Okay," Ahsoka sniffed. She lifted her hand and knocked. The door flew open, and she was lifted into the arms of a Togrutan woman before she had the chance to say goodbye to Anakin.

"Meht!" Ahsoka exclaimed in Togruti. Anakin knew that it meant 'mother'.

"Du, Ahsoka," the woman responded, placing her hands on Ahsoka's shoulders. "Ki, was det khos'a brought yeh here?" she asked.

Anakin translated the sentence in his head as he slowly stepped away from the house, not wanting to impose on the happy reunion. She had asked who he was. He waited for Ahsoka's response.

"Nehl e' du sa'daar," she replied, sniffling as she hugged her mother once again.

It was then that Anakin's tears came.

'He is my brother.' That's what she had said. He looked through the doorway, and took a deep breath.

"I love you, Snips," he whispered, walking away. "I love you... my sister."

His ship lifted up off the ground. He sobbed in the cockpit as he went over everything that had happened in the last few days. After she had decided to leave, she had tracked down her mother. Anakin and Padme had offered to let her stay in their apartment, but no. Ahsoka had wanted to leave. He cried even harder. He missed his Snips already.

Ahsoka peered out the window, tears streaming down her face. It was the last time she would ever see him, her Skyguy.

Now, all that was left of him was his footprints in the dirt which, with time, would fade away... just like their memories.

"I love you, Anakin," she whispered into the air. "I love you, my brother."

Anakin buried his head in his hands, trying to stop the never ending flow of tears from exiting his eyes. He wanted her back by his side.

No, he thought to himself.

She's happy. 

This is what she wants.

It does not matter how much it hurts.

As long as she's happy.

It's almost mando Friday!!!! I can't wait to rant about whatever happens tomorrow!

Have a great night!