Promise

Obi-Wan smiled to himself as he watched Anakin interact with his new Padawan. She had only been assigned to him for two weeks, and they were already inseparable. 

And now, as Anakin was about to take off on a mission, she looked up at him with a face of masked concern.

"I'll be fine, Snips," Obi-Wan could hear him say from a distance.

"Swear it," Ahsoka replied, lifting a finger. Anakin hooked his around hers.

"I swear that I will be fine, and come back to you, my little Padawan," he sighed, fondly exasperated.

Obi-Wan furrowed his eyebrows at the sight. Something was... off.

And as the pair proceeded to flip each other off before walking away, it became apparent. They didn't pinky swear, they had-

"Anakin!" he called as Ahsoka skipped off, laughing at their rude gestures.

"I'm going to be late, Master, what is it?" his former Padawan asked, leaning out of the ship by one arm.

"Did you and Ahsoka just swear with your middle fingers?!" he exclaimed. Anakin bit back a smile.

"Um... yes."

"And then did you two... flip each other off?"

This time Anakin could contain his grin as he spoke.

"Also yes."

"And you don't see the problem in this situation at all?" Obi-Wan prompted, shaking his head. Anakin raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... no?"

"I- Anakin, you're supposed to be her teacher, not her friend," he sighed, resting a hand on one hip, eyebrows raised.

Anakin just shrugged.

"Why not both?" he said simply.

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to rebuke, but Anakin was already swinging himself around into the ship, closing the door with a quick,

"Later, Master!"

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes before stalking off to his quarters.

He needed a nap.

guys guys guys: as sad as the kenobi show is gonna be, do y'all think we're gonna get lots more sassy obi-wan lines to quote? CUZ WE BETTER

also THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER COMES OUT THIS MONTH AND MY HYPE IS IMMEASURABLE I LITERALLY CANNOT WAIT CUZ BUCKY HAS BEEN MY FAV SINCE... FOREVER AND SAM IS QUICKLY BECOMING A FAVORITE AS WELL SO I CANT WAIT