Chapter 27

-Lucky Charm!- the characteristic brilliance of the amulet was present and the light disintegrated those killer insects.

Chat had just freed from the akuma, so he was more confused by the boy's presence, and at the same time was annoyed to see that someone else was using the amulet that once belonged to the one he loved the most. 

The cat was too weak to fight, although his spirit wanted to follow he was unable to move, and the blond feared that his transformation would soon be over. Now he only had to trust that stranger who was risking himself for him. Furthermore, something about his countenance was familiar, that he was willing to leave his life in his hands.

The light scattered and revealed a small box of matches that was caught by a confused boy in a red suit.

-Pathetic, did you think you would hurt me with something like that?- the villain mocked.

-What the hell am I supposed to do with this?- he yelled in frustration causing more laughter from the enemy.

-You have to think! The charm gave you that for some reason!-said the desperate cat, but Hawkmoth was so angry that he stepped on Chat's head furiously trying to shut him up.

-I didn't know how much you wanted to die- he said as he applied more force to his footfall.

The scarlet boy was desperately looking for how to use his amulet, but he could not imagine anything, the desperation of seeing the cat like that overwhelmed him and prevented him from thinking clearly.

-Even if i don't know how to use this.  I have to do something.. - The red could not continue to contemplate that torture, he was failing as the bearer of the miraculous of the ladybug, but he didn't want to continue disappointing his friend. With his yo-yo he ties up his opponent, to throw him to the ground and make him stop hurting his ally.

-Thanks- barely said a very injured blond covered in blood, and he weakly smiled trying to cheer up his hero.

-I will not allow you to continue hurting innocents for your madness-

The impact of the fall on the rubble and broken glass had made the villain bleed. However, Hawkmoth got up with his elegance, while he was ignoring his wounds, at this moment he was offended, his pride had been insulted and he was willing to retaliate.

-You call it madness, but I call it true love.-With a flick of his cane, hundreds of butterflies fluttered around them. -Everything has a reason, or do you think I would do so much without a purpose?- he gave a laugh that was accompanied by tears.  The pain of his soul was emitted in that laugh drowned in sadness.

Meanwhile the butterflies began to attack both boys, and quickly the red one tried to drive them away by turning his yoyo, having as priority to protect the cat as he couldn't afford to lose any more blood.

-You have to use your lucky charm- the blond insisted in a whisper.

-I do not know what to do with this- he whispered frustrated while he showed him the matchbox.

-You are the worst Ladybug that I have ever known- he teased.

-I am Écarlate, if you keep calling me Ladybug, I will abandon you to your fate- he scoffed.

Hawkmoth gave a satisfied smile when he saw his army in action, there were so many butterflies around them that he was unable to observe the suffering of his enemies -Young heroes, you may surrender, it will be a matter of time before my little butterflies destroy you. And I can take what I have longed for, your miracles will be mine-

Unfortunately, he was right, no matter how much Écarlate diverted or destroyed that butterflies, more kept appearing, so he would soon tire and would be the end.

-The cat is right, you are terrible at this- a small voice emerged from the red pocket surprised both boys.

-Sass!- the boy said when he saw his little akuma flying in his direction, while the cat looked shocked without understanding anything.

-You have no affinity for the miraculous of creation, you cannot use its powers to the fullest.-  the snake sighed heavily.

-That is not helpful right now, especially if you haven't regained your strength- Écarlate said while he was deflecting the attacks... unable to escape from the place.

-I think there is no other option...-the little snake whispered something to him.

-Are you sure? I do not want to hurt you again- expressed the red one.

-It is the only way to maximize your strength. I'll be fine- both looked at each other confidently as they nodded sure of their decision.

-Thanks Sass- he said and stopped the movement of his yo-yo to open his arms. -Sass!... Tikki!... Unify!!-