Chapter 50 (3/4)

They were in Hawkmoth's lair, Adrien and Marinette had already fed their kwamis to recharge their power, both still hiding their identity.

The girl looked at the place impressed, so many butterflies were flying in the place, it was incredible to think how those pure and innocent creatures could be corrupted in the way that they could destroy Paris.

Meanwhile, Chat contemplated his mother's body. It was painful to see her in that state, but it was their current reality, and the model feared that they would be unable to change her future.

Even if it was difficult for him, the blond tried to hide his pain, since Marinette did not know his identity. And it wouldn't make sense for the hero Paris to react like this.

Finally, they looked for the strength to confront it, the heroes stared at each other with confidence, knowing that it was time to act.

-Are you ready Chat?- asked Ladybug nervous and still with doubts.

-I will always be ready with you by my side.- the blond said pretending to be confident. He first stared at his lover and then at the girl. -My lady will you allow me to kiss your miraculous?-

-What the hell Chat? I thought you would stop fooling around now that you have a boyfriend- she looked at him annoyed and proceeded to direct a claiming look at the snake.

-He isn't joking nor flirting, when I wore your earrings and I was Écarlate, we activated it after we kissed our miraculous-

-But...- she was feeling uncomfortable about the possibility of having the cat really close to her.

-I'll prove it to you, please kiss my ring- the nervous girl obeyed and an emerald flash appeared, but quickly it faded.

-What was that?-she asked confused when she saw a brighter light than in her transformation.

-A power that surpasses us, we have already been through this, so you have to trust us-

-After the kiss, you must hold his ring, while he holds your earrings- Viperion indicated.

Again there was a strong light but it faded quickly, like lightning on a stormy night.

-Maybe I should kiss you- suggested the cat, although neither of them really seemed excited by the idea, but in the face of hopelessness, neither rejected that option.

However, even with the kiss that provoked a greater brightness than the kiss with Écarlate, they weren't able to keep that power, it faded in matter of seconds. The heroes were not able to find the balance... so tis greatest power was not effective.

-This must be my fault- the girl sobbed -I'm doubting about this, it is really hard to get the idea of ​​losing my love for Adrien... At least I should say goodbye to him- she seemed very down -Considering that this will be the last time that my heart will beat for him like that.- the girl began to cry inconsolably at the thought that she would lose that beautiful feeling.  -I would like to let him know that all my love for him was the best thing that could have happened to me. For that reason, his happiness is the most important thing to me.-

Chat Noir did not resist it, he was moved by her words that he threw himself into her arms, and wrapped her in an emotional hug.

-Thank you- said the blond now through tears while he was holding that hug more tightly.

Both heros were so emotional they wouldn't stop crying.

The snake was looking at them, and he could perceive a different glow, it seemed like their Miraculous were getting activated. Immediately, disappointment was reflected on snake's face. He had just confirmed the words of Master Fu.

-Chat, I fear that sacrificing our love is not the way...- the musician finally said, interrupting the moment of closeness between the two heroes.

The blond looked at him confused, since after talking about it for days with his boyfriend, Adrien had finally convinced himself that losing his love would be the only sacrifice that Chat could make to be able to activate his power.

-I do not understand what you mean-

-Did you ever know why you were chosen?-  Luka asked quite serious.

Chat and Ladybug were more and more confused, they did not understand the purpose of his question.

-Why did you change the subject?- the blond asked a bit annoyed.

-Trust me, this is relevant...- the snake said still down -so any idea?-

-Maybe for our goodness? or our sense of justice?- Marinette tried to guess- Actually I am not sure- confessed finally without idea, when she noticed the serious expression of the blue-haired.

Viperion shook his head slightly. -You were always destined...- he confessed with all the pain in his heart. -because you were always soul mates-

-What are you talking about?!- the cat said shocked. - That can't be, if the person I love is you...- the blond said trying to hold his boyfriend's hand, but Luka was not feeling well.

-Master Fu confessed me... the real reason... it was because he was able to see the red thread of destiny that united you, and since there was no force more powerful than love, he knew that you would be unstoppable.-

-But...- Chat tried to reply, but Ladybug was laughing.

-That's impossible, you know perfectly that my heart belongs to Adrien.- she sighed - Sorry Chat, but you know about my feelings-

-And for that reason I am not able to continue lying you, you deserve the truth- he immediately undid his transformation. -It's me my lady, always was me-

-Adrien...-  she shocked by his words.

-As I told you, you were always destined... That is why now I was able to verify that our relationship was a mistake, if you want to manifest your real power, you must reciprocate your feelings.-

-Luka you know perfectly that I love you- he immediately held his hands, you do not have to doubt that, never doubt that I am grateful for having the opportunity to love you in the way that I love you, to have met you and to share all those beautiful moments, so I cannot accept that you say that it was a mistake. Fate cannot decide what I should feel in my heart, I have decided to love you...- without waiting any longer the blond kissed him with intensity.

-This makes it more difficult for me to ask you that... I want you to destroy our memories...- he looked at him with the utmost seriousness when he said those words.

Thank you for the 60k readings, I really appreciate all your support throughout this story, it really has been an honor that you have came this far and that you have read what I wrote.

Thanks again for your patience, your coments and your votes.

One more chapter and a special pending. ♡ Thanks :) and please don't forget to vote, I am so happy to receive your love