Chapter 37

-Luka!!! You are a traitor!!! do you think Marinette deserves that?-

-Alya, this is unfair!- the musician yelled annoyed approaching to the girl.

-How dare you to say that?! If you told me about the accident, how Marinette confessed her feelings to Adrien, and after being rejected she ended up like that!!!- Alya screamed furiously, and curious students came over to watch the scene.  Certainly, the Marinette's accident had been widely heard at school, so it came as a surprise to many to hear more about the incident.

-We can't continue like this, it is time to face it, we can't keep blaming him...-

-But Marinette didn't deserve that!!! She wouldn't have been akumatized if Adrien hadn't broken her heart!!!-

-Adrien was only honest with his feelings... and you can't make him carry that guilt... because in the end, love can't be forced...-

Tears flooded the girl's eyes.

-Damn you!!!- she screamed with great hatred in her voice,  even tears she was taking out all the hate that she could. -You only say it because you are a fag!!! Do you think I did not realize how you were holding his hand? Or how did you looked at him?  if you had been honest with Marinette, you would have saved her... All this suffering would have been avoided, and she would now be with us, even supporting you!...Luka I can not understand it, how you betrayed that person you said you love?!- if hawkmoth still had his plans to destroy Paris, he would have already akumatized the girl.

-I never betrayed Marinette...-he said in a face devoid of life. -As you say, I loved her with all my heart, I loved her so much that I was willing to help her find her happiness... even when it wasn't with me... that's why for a long time I blamed Adrien, for having destroyed that heart in which so much  I longed to have a chance. I blamed him thinking that his cold heart in rejecting her had triggered this tragedy...-intense tears came to his face. -But the reality is that I always blamed myself, for not having had the courage to confess to her, for not making her forget him, for supporting her in this nonsense, but above all... for not having protected her that day... It was a heavy burden, that  I was determined to end my life... I couldn't continue with this... and I wouldn't be alive if he hadn't risked his life to save me...-

Everyone was shocked listening to the words of the blue-haired, which, in addition to being sincere, conveyed strong pain and suffering.

-My resentment towards Adrien vanished when I met the goodness of his heart. I was a stranger to him, but he decided to save me... and with the time I understood what Marinette could see in him.- Luka gave his lover a sweet look. -and sincerely, I do not mean to deny that I have fallen in love with him- the blond was intensely blushed.

-Dammit! I've been an idiot bitch!- she said quite embarrassed with tears on her face. -I'm sorry... I didn't understand everything you were going through Luka... I'm a shitty person... I just judged without trying to understand...-the boy in the cap hugged his girlfriend trying to comfort her-  However, blaming others was my way of avoiding my pain, since I also felt responsible for the way I lost my friend... I should never support her in all her crazy things...- the girl cried full of guilt- but if I'm honest, I was aware that this was an accident.- the girl who seemed rude before now showed her true feelings, ones full of pain since her friend's accident -Furhermore, I should never have fostered hatred of him for my frustrations... Adrien just didn't deserve that... I even hid the accident from him because I thought he didn't deserve to hear from her again... and now I understand that it was wrong, I hope you can forgive me!- she begged the boys for forgiveness.

-You don't have to keep hurting yourself, because more than anyone else I can understand how the pain of losing someone can transform you-
the bluish smiled sincerely at her, causing her tears to stop -Because I know that if Marinette were here, she wouldn't like to see us argue like this-

-You're right, and I'm sure when she wakes up she will be very happy for you two- Alya said as she wiped her tears and gave him a sincere smile

-She will wake up, of that there is no doubt- he said trying to comfort her and himself.

Everyone present was moved by the scene, many who knew Marinette were in tears remembering how it seemed that she had vanished from their lives... this had been something very sad and difficult for many... And certainly the school hadn't been the same since that day...

At the end of the day all Marinette's friends decided to visit her in the hospital.

The musician was so moved to see how her friends appreciated her, she was important to others and not just to him. So he was motivated to find a way to save her, now he was determined to find a magic that would bring her back.