Chapter 50 (1/4)

"We need to talk..."

That was the message that Luka sent to his friend to ask to see him.

The musician took his friend to a special place for him. A place where his mind could think clearly and allow him to open up. However, it was very difficult for the boy to start that conversation.

-What's going on? Is everything okay?- Marinette asked, when she saw the concern on the musician's face. He had been staring at that channel for quite some time, absorbed in his thoughts, unable to look at her.

Even though the view of the place was beautiful, she knew something didn't have to be right for him to have called her so suddenly. In addition, considering his expression, it seemed that it had to be something important.

-I know you still have feelings for Adrien- he finally started to say.

The girl tensed, she was nervous since she did not believe that her friend would bring up that topic. Especially since she was aware of the feelings he had had for her.

-Yes, I have always felt something special for Adrien, I know you know it and I will not deny that even after what happened my feelings persist and every time I see him, I would dare to say that these feelings intensify...-

-For that reason, I think what I want to tell you will be complicated- he sighed, trying to find the right words to confront the situation. -If you love Adrien in the way that you say you love him... Would you be willing to sacrifice that love for his happiness?- he said staring at her, with a deep look that was capable of intimidating the girl.

-I don't understand what you mean.- she shook her head quickly trying to evade her friend's words. -Why should I give up my love for him? Are you suggesting that I could not make him happy? -whe said defensively, since the words of the musician had weighed her down. -Or is it that you are jealous of the feelings I have for him and I was never able to feel something like that for you?- she blurted out this time on the offensive.

Marinette was definitely very hurt by his words, and it was obvious that she was still not able to face this conversation. However, he couldn't keep putting it off, they needed her help.

The blue-haired gently shook his head and wrapped the girl in his arms, and although she tried to resist his embrace, she ended up corresponding to the warmth of that show of affection.

-Marinette, I was always aware that my feelings were unrequited, but even though I was jealous of Adrien, I never stopped supporting you. You better than anyone know that I was always there for you, I always listened to your problems and insecurities, your feelings for Adrien... even when it destroyed me. And despite everything I always did my best to help you to look for your happines... I'm sorry that I was daring to ask you that question, maybe I shouldn't have been the one to ask it, but I can't allow time to go on and just stand by.-

The pigtails' girl listened carefully to each of his words, understanding the truth that her friend was trying to convey to her.

-Luka, does that mean Adrien loves someone else?- she asked a bit embarrassed realizing that her previous reaction had not been the best.

The guitarist was frozen, he knew it was true that the blond loved him, but it was still difficult to be honest at all.

-That is something that I am not in the position to tell you, if Adrien is in love, he must be the one to tell you- he said, avoiding to continue with the girl's disappointment.

-So, do you think the best thing for me is to stop insisting to avoid getting hurt again? - she asked still without understanding the purpose of this conversation.

-It's not what I meant...- Luka looked at her seriously, looking for courage to confront what was coming -you are the only one capable of activating the hidden power of your miraculous, the fusion of the miraculous of creation and destruction, but that great power involves a sacrifice... and if we want to save Adrien's mother, you and Chat must sacrifice the love of your special person-

-But that means you would lose the love of Chat- she said still in shock by his words.

-It is a sacrifice that I am willing to make if it means changing the life of someone important to me-

-You are admirable, and I really will not abandon you on this, because I also want Adrien's happiness. So count on Ladybug-

Luka smiled proud of his friend's maturity to face the situation and make such a difficult decision.

He started texting on his phone.

"See you at your house"

"I'll bring reinforcements, so be ready"

The boy transformed into Viperion and immediately afterwards the girl imitated him and she transformed into Ladybug after months of not doing it. Without saying more, they both headed to the Agreste' mansion.