Chapter 48

Luka was breathing hard, he was tired trying to activate his powers, without having any progress.

The cat hugged him worried when he saw how the snake made an effort, no matter how much he put his soul in the melody of the lyre, nothing happened.

But the musician was stubborn, he had already been able to do it with Marinette so he thought how difficult it could be to do it again... well definitely much more than he had thought.

-I think the problem is that I can't connect with her- he expressed worried.

-Maybe we should stop- Chat looked at him seriously -I don't want you to end up in the hospital again, barely a week has passed since then.-

-I promise you I'm fine, I know how to set my limits, and believe me I'm still far away-

-You know I can't believe you considering last time- the blond stared at him, while the snake looked away due to his lie. -You know I can't allow myself to lose you- Adrien caressed his cheek gently and brought his gaze towards him, he couldn't resist seeing those eyes that filled his soul. -I couldn't live without you- the blond couldn't resist and slowly approached those sweet lips that he longed to kiss.

The kiss gained intensity, the cat was consumed by his desires, he traveled every corner of his mouth enjoying that satisfying sensation. But Luka was not far behind, he was not going to allow himself to be defeated by that kitten, he knew that he could dominate that fight in their mouths.

Both enjoyed each caress, the contact, the closeness between them. And they enjoyed all the feelings they could convey with a kiss.

Slowly they parted due to lack of air, contemplating the tender gaze of their opposite, realizing that theirs was special, as if they were destined.

-I think now I understand-

-That I am the best kisser, I thought that was always clear- Chat Noir said making a sexy pose to his boyfriend, while he stroked his blond hair gallantly. -Do you need me to reaffirm it?- he said holding his chin ready to kiss him again.

The blond kissed him lightly when he saw that his partner did not react.

-Is everything alright? -

-Sure... I was just thinking...-  paused trying to sort his ideas. -you were always the key...-

-What do you mean?-

-I need you to play with me- Viperion said with an intense and sure look.

The blond nodded and went to find his keyboard. Adrien had mixed feelings since he would play in front of his mother after a long time...

-I need you to play from the bottom of your heart, let the memories of your mother flood you, I know it will be painful... but if we want to make the connection you must let your feelings and hers towards you be present in the melody.- said the snake sure about his plan.

The blond's nerves were increasing, despite being an exceptional pianist, he did not even know how to start, he was beginning to be consumed by anxiety.

-You will do great, you just have to let your feelings flow in each note, just think about the future you will have with your mother, the second chance that she deserves.- the blue-haired kissed gently his head trying to reassure him. -I know you can, and I will be with you, I will accompany your melody with my lyre- 

Chat nodded a little more sure of himself, and immediately undid his transformation.

-It is her son and not the hero who must save her.-

He began by playing his mother's favorite piece, remembering how she taught him to play it.  The singularities of her playing made him have a clear memory of her, slowly the melody evolved and the snake adapted to the blond's music.

Tears flowed from the blond, memories of his mother, hopes of seeing his smile again, the moments and joys that only with her could he live.

The connection with Emily became evident, a turquoise glow emerged from the lyre and as the music progressed it began to appear on the lady's body.

-Who are you?!- a sweet but desperate female voice was present.

-I am Viperion, possessor of the miraculous of second chances, your son and me want to help you - he said trying to reassure her.

-Adrien?! - she said excited but at the same time worried - you have to go before it affects you too!!-

But Adrien was denied, feeling the presence of his mother even if it had been an instant had meant a lot to him, and now he was willing to continue. His music was more fluid and sublime that it could touch anyone's heart. And at the same time Luka repeated the chords of that magnificent melody, intensifying the connection with the blonde.

-Emily, if you want to have your second chance, if you want to change your future, you must believe that you deserve it!-

-Even if I wanted this opportunity, only I am capable of containing this...-

A darkness began to emerge from her body, corrupting that turquoise light.

-I won't be able to stop it any longer, it's too late for me, promise me you'll protect Adrien!- and at that moment an intense blue glow hit both boys preventing them from continuing to play their instruments.

They were able to hear a loud sound of a peacock squawking while they were impacted by that explosion. Immediately, the crystal that contained the woman's body got cracked, while feathers appear around her.

The blue-haired desperately looked for his boyfriend, he wanted to know if he was okay, since he was not transformed, he could be injured or have been seriously affected by that incident.

However, Luka only found that Adrien was emotional destroyed by the pain of feeling helpless at not being able to help his mother.

-We will save her, don't lose hope!-

-But if neither power of time is on her side... nothing could...- the bluehead raised his face and stared at him.

-You still have your miraculous! with Marinette back, we will be able to combine the power of creation and destruction... even if it involves that sacrifice...-