Chapter 20

Marinette was walking nervously, until she reached the blond.
-Adrien!!-

-Hey Marinette!- Adrien provided her a forced smile, something was clearly wrong with him, but her nerves didn't allow her to ask him what was wrong.

-I would like to tell you something- the boy looked doubtfully in the direction of his father. -It's something important- she insisted and Adrien tried to convince his father with a pleading look.

-Five minutes- his father said seriously, and he continued on his way to the train in the company of his assistant.

-Well, what happens Marinette?-the model asked calmly, trying to smile.

The girl was consumed by her nerves. All that came out of her mouth were nonsense words, an intense verbiage that prevented Adrien from understanding her message.

-Calm down, ok?  what's going on?- the blond looked at her worried, thinking that maybe something wrong happened. She breathed trying to calm down, she inhaled and exhaled. Then the girl saw Luka raising his thumbs trying to encourage her, she smiled and motivated herself to do it.

-I love you Adrien...- she said directly, without doubt in her words, with all the sincerity of her heart. -I've been in love with you all this time... Since that day you gave me your umbrella, I could notice your sweetness, and the great person you are.-

-Thanks...- he said trying to be kind to her declaration of love, but Marinette interrupted his words.

-Adrien, I am really tired of running away from my feelings, and I wanted you to know that you are the owner of my heart, every beat is dedicated to you. You are the most important person to me, and I would like the opportunity to be more than your friend... Because in these months that I have the opportunity to met you and learn more about you, I have fallen more in love with you. For that reason, I am more convinced that you are the only one I can love.-

He was moved but at the same time uncomfortable, since with his recent rejection of her beloved Ladybug, the words weighed on him.

-Do you know me? do you really think you know me? That is ironic, nobody really knows me, nobody cares how I really feel.- the boy's face darkened, consumed by his feelings. -People only value me for what my appearance sells, for what my image and my brand represents. Even my father, how could I believe that you can really see beyond that.-

-Because you are more than that, and I've always seen it. I don't care about your fame or appearance, you are a intelligent, kind, honest, sincere and many other wonderful things.-

-And for that same sincerity I cannot lie to you, I do not plan to give you illusions, since I cannot correspond to your feelings- the tears ran down the cheeks of the blue haired girl.

-But I love you Adrien...-

-Marinette, I think the best thing is that we are not friends for the moment, I do not intend to give you hope, because I know how horrible it is to live on hope... specially when it is impossible...and I don't want to hurt you more...- the boy turned in the direction of his train.

-I'm sorry, but I'd better go- said the blond quite serious thinking about the threats from his father, he did not want her to suffer more because of him«I hope you can forgive me»

-Wait!- she yelled through tears, causing the boy to stop on his way. Adrien checked the time, and he was relieved that he still had two minutes to the time indicated by his father. -At least accept this present! I designed it for you! Please!- she offered him a blue beret. - actually, I made it for your trip to Prague. It matches the scarf I made for you on your birthday...-

-Sorry, but that scarf was a present from my father!- he was confused.

-I think it was a misunderstanding, I sent you that present...-

-Sorry, but father would never lie to me. Especially for clothing or fashion issues...- he was overthinking the situation «maybe my father was right... that she really was not my friend and she wanted to use me for my fame to make her designs become popular in the fashion event»

-Marinette, I can not accept it, I'll be in trouble as this may damage my father's brand- he was sure that if he brings it with him, his father will retaliate.

-But Adrien, I...- his watch rang interrupting her.

-Sorry, I have to run. I thank you for everything, I will always consider you a great friend. See you!- he ran to his train without looking back.

The girl collapsed on the ground in tears...

-A broken heart can be a good ally for my mission, I knew that my son would be obedient and prepare my victim- said a dark voice elsewhere.

It was a matter of seconds for a Dark Butterfly to approach the girl in pigtails...