Chapter 43

-Creation and destruction... the balance of the powers... the yin and yang... Hmmmm...this is too complicated, but we have to try something if we want to discover it!- expressed the overwhelmed cat as he ruffled his blond hair in despair.

-I am starting to consider that you should ask your father, maybe he already had a plan of how to activate it-

-You must be kidding, his plan was sacrifice Nathalie, so I don't think he has a good plan or at least a well informed-

-Damn, you are right, but what should we do? Holding our hands and making a wish didn't work out! Maybe it was stupid of me to think that it would be simple.-

-We'll find a way- the cat held his shoulder trying to cheer him up. -I think we just need to be connected in some way.-

-Maybe if you hold my earrings and I hold your ring while we say our wish it could work?-

-We don't lose anything by trying-

Écarlate took his hand delicately, and gently brought it to his mouth, and planted a soft kiss on his hand, to later kiss his ring.

-Why are you kissing my ring?- Chat asked confused.

-I once read that some cultures kiss the ring of the ring finger as a symbol of promise of love, to strengthen the bond of love... I want to promise you that I will always love you Adrien.-
Luka's heart was racing, he wondered if it was the right thing to do, because if the wish worked, things would not be the same again.

Both were so absorbed in contemplating the gaze of their sweet lover that neither noticed the subtle green bright that emerged from the ring after the kiss.

The blond was moved, he really loved the boy in front of him and every moment by his side he was more convinced by knowing that he was the one in his life, every moment he loved him more.

The cat lovingly caressed his cheek and tucked his hair strands behind his ears.

Before holding his earring, Chat kiss him on his ear. At that moment, the blond was aware of the reddish glows that emerged, and he smiled confident when he saw that they could succeed. -We will save her- and Adrien proceeded to kiss him.

The cat was holding both earrings while the red bug was still holding the ring.

The brilliance in both miraculous intensified, while the contact of that sweet kiss also. They both felt that strong desire not to separate, to continue feeling those sweet lips and that love intensifying.

A strong light was beginning to cover them, the strength of miraculous was evident. It was no longer only their jewelry that emitted that light, their costumes were also shining.

However, slowly the elder's strength faded, Écarlate was weakening, his light began to diminish, and Luka began to stop breathing, he was fainting.

The blond noticed it immediately, and rushed to hold him, while he carried him in his arms, Luka's transformation was undone.

Tikki emerged concerned when she saw how its bearer was unconscious.
-You have to take him to the hospital!!! His heart is very weak and it could stop beating!!!!-

The blond nodded and desperately ran with him in his arms, it was a matter of minutes before his beloved was receiving medical attention.

Adrien in his civil form was sitting in the waiting room. It had been only ten minutes since he arrived, however, every moment without knowing about the bluish's condition was an agony.

He had already spoken to his sister, he had informed her that Luka was hospitalized, so it would be a matter of minutes for her to arrive with his mother.

-This is all my fault- the boy whispered through tears as he waited for a response from the nurse.

Plagg, Tikki and Sass looked at him worried from his pocket, the blond was destroyed.

-It is not your fault, or I should remind you that it was decision of both to take this risk.- said the snake trying to cheer him up while the cat ate cheese.

-But maybe my doubts about whether I should save my mother instead of Marinette provoked it.-

The cat stopped his cheese intake, and shook his head. -While you are Chat Noir we are united and I can confirm that you were sure to sacrifice the opportunity to save your mother, you had your clear ideas when you kissed the boy.-

-So why did things end like this? Why was Luka sacrificing his life for this wish? If the sacrifice was not necessarily supposed to be a life...  I can not understand it!!!-

Tikki finally spoke -it was all because of me, Luka is not compatible with me, he does not have the strength to be the bearer of the miraculous of the ladybug, and that lack of affinity unleashed all this... I should have foreseen it, I regret not having given  count before... I am so sorry Adrien- said the little red being while crying and was comforted by the cat.

Adrien understood at that moment that he should not let himself be carried away by guilt, since not everything in life had to fall on his shoulders... Luka's condition was not his fault, he could not even consider it was Tikki's fault.

It had been an unfortunate accident, and now they would just have to wait, he knew the boy was strong and he wanted to believe that he would be able to overcome this.