Chapter 46

Now the roles were inverted, Marinette was visiting Luka in the hospital. He was stable, but his body was so weak that he had not regained consciousness.

The girl had already been discharged from the hospital, and the doctors had been unable to explain her recovery, and how she could find herself in such good condition after months in a coma. But there she was, full of life and happiness, determined to change her life. Despite her refusal to face reality, the girl in pigtails was grateful to the hero who had awakened her and given me a second chance.

Just thinking about the blue haired boy filled her with joy, she had never appreciated the musician enough. His sweet words had always been indifferent to her and although Marinette was aware of Luka's feelings, she always preferred to avoid them, since the young designer thought that pretending that nothing happened then the things would not change.

However, this experience made her understand what it is to really feel valued. So Marinette regretted not giving him a chance before, but now she was ready to try it with the boy who had saved her. Because she didn't mean to continue wasting her time with unrequited love.

She had arrived at the Luka's hospital room, she was quite anxious, and she was afraid that she was still weak because of her, but she wanted to be with him, by his side.

-Marinette- the blond expressed surprised to see that his friend had arrived.

Immediately the girl blushed, she had been weak and fallen with the charms of the model. It was simply impossible for her not to feel butterflies in her stomach upon hearing her name spoken by those lips.

Marinette was so nervous as if her feelings for him had not changed, as if she had never been rejected by him.  She was stunned looking at the blond, and she did not react until the boy put his arms around her to hug her.

-I was stupid, I don't know why I didn't realize it before, you were always there and I wasn't able to see it.- he said quite sorry, thinking about how he had fought so hard for the love of his lady and always had her in front of him. - I'm sorry I was an idiot, I never wanted to hurt you but I felt pressured and intimidated by my father, I wanted to protect my friends that I only act in a cowardly way... I am so sorry Marinette, and I hope one day you can forgive me...-

The designer was flustered by the boy's words, she still hadn't been able to get over it. In the meantime, the blond felt invaded by guilt, because now he could less correspond to her feelings, since his heart belonged to the boy who was next to them.

Both were still absorbed in their thoughts as they shared that warm hug. Marinette felt comforted and hopeful with the blonde, while Adrien was healing the wound he felt when he believed that his lady had abandoned him.

-You don't have to worry, I have forgiven you and I would always continue to forgive you, because my heart belongs to you.-  she said in a confident voice, as she had confirmed that her feelings for the blond were still latent, and that unfortunately she couldn't lie to herself, mistaking her thanks for love towards Luka.

-Marinette, I...- but the model was interrupted by the sound of medical devices that alerted an emergency.

They both turned desperately towards Luka, to find that he was disconnecting the devices.

-I don't understand why I'm here, I swear I'm fine- he complained as he tried to get out of his bed.

-Luka!!!- they both shouted excitedly and they headed towards him.

-The last time you behaved like this it cost you another night in the hospital- the green-eyed boy reproached him.

-But it was totally worth it- he said looking in Marinette's direction, act that bothered the model.

-And I will always be grateful for what you did for me, thank you for this second chance- she said with a huge smile that spread to the bluehead.

That happiness did not go unnoticed by Adrien, and that caused him to be consumed by his jealousy.

-Luka is certainly an amazing boy, and that's why we are-

-Best friends!!!!-  the musician interrupted him shouting his answer.

Those words broke the blond's heart, so he preferred to leave the place, since he felt that he was someone unwanted by being overshadowed by her presence.

-I'm glad you're better now, unfortunately I have to go to a photoshoot- he lied trying to leave while he was holding back his tears. He did not wait for an answer and left the room.

Once out of the hospital he transformed into Chat and escaped overhead, allowing himself to be consumed by his tears without being observed as he ran across the rooftops.

https://pin.it/DLWVKF3

Artist: Moyasuchihttps://www

Artist: Moyasuchi
https://www.deviantart.com/moyasuchi/art/Chat-Noir-Miraculous-Ladybug-624261597

com/moyasuchi/art/Chat-Noir-Miraculous-Ladybug-624261597

https://pin.it/1FatpfT

I have finally returned after a creative block, I hope you liked the chapter c: Thanks for reading!!!

*It will end in 50... so maybe the things will get intense in the next chapters, wait for it!