Chapter 22

Chat was frozen, he didn't reacted. He was stunned by the news, that he was unable to assimilate it. He always had his beloved in front of him, but he was never able to see it... Now he had lost the chance to be happy.

Intense tears ran down his cheeks, it was evident that the pain did not stop, and his existence became more and more miserable.

Luka felt guilty, he knew that it was not the hero's fault, he was conscious that no one could have avoid it. However, a rage had invaded him when he discovered that necklace, and he had looked the opportunity to ask him.

Nevertheless, his jealousy exceeded him, and Luka answered in that way, venting his frustration, but now he had hurt someone important to him, and had only made both of them miserable.

-I'm sorry... -the blue-haired sighed heavily, it was a complicated situation- It's not your fault, you don't have to live with that guilt! If someone has failed her it was me... -

-Luka, I can already understand the pain you had to deal with every day, why you tried to end your life... Feeling that you have lost someone important, the impotence of thinking that your decisions or lack of courage led the situation to this...- he wiped away his tears staring at the Marinette's pale face.

-I am comforted by the idea of thinking that she became a hero... because in the end, it was her decision. Marinette sacrificed herself for the greater good... She was convinced that it would be the way to keep Paris safe... And it was like that, since the akuma was purified and no one was hurt.-

-My lady, you was always thinking of others before herself.- he gently kissed her hand. -My sweet Ladybug, I always knew that you would give your life for Paris, but I never thought it would end like this.- He tried to be strong but he couldn't, tears flowed again, with all the pain in his soul.

Luka tried to hug him to try to calm his suffering, but it was not effective. The guilt consumed him, the blue-haired and no one would be able to make Chat overcome his pain.

-I'm sorry, I wasn't the partner you wanted, I wasn't the friend you needed, and I never deserved your love. I'm sorry-

If he hadn't been an idiot, if he hadn't listened to his father's nonsense, she wouldn't have paid the consequences.  Even when she made up her mind, he edged her to it.

That sadness and hatred did not go unnoticed by Hawk Moth, and a tiny and evil being landed on him.

-Chat Blanc, I will help you get your revenge on those who hurt you and led you to lose the one you love.- said that dark voice that controlled the akuma.

Luka was brusquely pushed aside by that white cat that was consumed by those dark feelings.

Chat Blanc was determined to seek revenge against his father. He had suffered a lot in his life because of him, and he had been a jerk to Marinette because of his threats. It was time to make him pay!