1: 1993; Hogwarts Express Y/N

Y/N'S POV

Wednesday, September 1st

I was waiting at platform 9 and 3/4 with my mum. We were both really silent. I think she was as nervous as I was, which was understandable since it was going to be my first year at Hogwarts. I was holding hard onto my luggages while my mum often looked at her watch. Then, it finally arrived. The Hogwarts Express was here. I felt my heart skip a beat as my mother looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Write to me please." She said with a shaky voice.

"I promise." I said while hugging her.

We looked at each other and smiled.

"Go on or you'll miss your ride."

I hugged her one more time and hopped on the train.

Once I was in, I tried to find a free compartment, but all the ones I passed by were either full or the people in would say they were waiting for a friend.

"Well it looks like all the seats are taken..." I mumbled to myself.

"You can sit here if you want." Someone almost yelled.

I turned around quickly and saw three people sitting down. They all looked at me with a smile on their face as I took the last spot in the compartment.

"Hi, I'm Harry. Sorry for yelling at you by the way." He said while blushing.

The boy looked rather nice, he had round glasses and dark messy hair.

I chuckled, "Don't worry about that. I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."

"Hello! I'm Hermione Granger and this is Ron Weasley." She said while pointing at the guy next to her.

Hermione had a really delicate face, brown frizzy hair. She was holding a book and was already wearing her black robes.

"I can introduce myself, Hermione." Ron said, looking at her.

He turned his head towards me quickly and smiled awkwardly.

"I'm... Ron... Hi?"

The boy had bright ginger hair and was carrying an odd looking rat.

"I can introduce myself, Hermione" the girl said mockingly.

The three of them bursted out laughing, so I did too.

"Always looking like fools you three." Said a deep voice.

I turned around to look at a tall guy with platinum blonde hair standing in the door frame of our compartment. He looked cold and harsh. I turned at my new friends and their nice faces were gone. Now, they looked at the tall boy with knives in their eyes.

"Always speaking nonsense Malfoy."
Hermione spat harshly.

"Shut up mudblood."

"Don't talk to her like that!" Ron said convincingly.

Harry got up to face this Malfoy boy.

"Don't you have better things to do?" Harry asked dryly.

I looked back and forth at the trio and Malfoy with confusion in my eyes. It was obvious that they didn't like each other, but it was kind of an awkward situation.Then, the tall guy smirked and looked at me.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said, handing out his hand.

"Y/F/N" I said while shaking his hand firmly.

"You've got a good grip, you'd make a good Slytherin." He affirmed before leaving.

"Who was this guy? You guys look really mad at him."

"It's Malfoy, the most stupid boy I've ever met!" Granger said furiously, before I could see a small smirk grow on her face as she looked at the red hair guy. "The most stupid boy after Ron, obviously."

"In two years of friendship I think that's the most insulting thing you've ever said to me!" Weasley said in shock, until they both laughed.

"Don't worry that's just their dynamic." Harry said calmly to me.

"I can see that! They're pretty funny."

"You know, I'm not here to tell you who to be friends with, but I know Malfoy can sound pretty tempting at first. But trust me you don't want to be friends with him. He's an evil person. He likes to make fun of everyone for no reason, especially Hufflepuffs because they usually have the reputation to be kind, nice and he just hates what's not like him." Harry said to me, while Hermione and Ron kept picking at each other.

"Dont worry, from what I saw I don't really want to talk to him."

"Good."

After what happened with Malfoy, we talked a lot. They explained to me all the bad things Malfoy had done just to piss people off. This guy sounded awful.