4: 1993; Sorting Hat Y/N

Y/N'S POV

Wednesday, September 1st

The train stopped, we were finally at Hogwarts. That was my first ride in the Hogwarts Express and one of the most strange things I've ever experienced happened to me. What a great way to start the year.

Harry helped me get my bags and we got off. The big castle was breathtaking. The golden trio looked unbothered, but happy to be back.

"Impressive, right?" Harry asked.

"Loads."

We got inside the Great Hall and I sat next to my new friends. Dumbledore started speaking at the front. When we decided that I was going to go to Hogwarts, my mum told me a lot about him. He fancies Gryffindor a lot, that's for sure. She used to tell me.

The old man talked about the sorting ceremony. I got kind of nervous. I've talked about this with my mum, I knew the whole process, but I was anxious about it.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, I'm just nervous about which house I'll be sorted in."

"Don't worry about that! Houses really won't interfere with your experience here." She said nicely.

"Except if you're sorted into Slytherin." Ron said while eating.

"Ronald! It's not polite to talk with your mouth full." Hermione said in shock.

"Also, we won't stop hanging out with you if you're not sorted into Gryffindor." Harry whispered to me with a small smile on his face.

Dumbledore asked all the new students to come line up to the front. Once all the first years were sorted it was the second years' turn and then, quicker than I could've imagined I was sitting on the chair with a talking hat on my head.

"I see... A lot of Slytherin traits here... But I could see this one in Gryffindor as well...Pride...Bravery...NO! I see it! HUFFLEPUFF!"

All the Hufflepuff table cheered as I walked towards them. I looked at the golden trio and smiled at them. They looked happy for me.

I sat at the end of the table and everyone from my new house started talking. They were all so nice, they asked questions about me and we had a great dinner.

Later, I got up and joined Harry, Hermione and Ron at their table.

"Hufflepuff huh?" Ron asked with a smile on his face.

"It looks like it." I said happily.

"Honestly, everything but Slytherin." Hermione said, rolling her eyes.

"Well well well... I could've sworn you were a Slytherin you disgusting Hufflepuff." Malfoy said to me.

"Well it looks like you were wrong... Malfoy." I said in a condescending way.

Oh Malfoy you don't know me and it shows.

"I thought Hufflepuffs were supposed to be all nice and kind. That was pretty much arrogant."

It indeed was, good job.

"Well you heard the sorting hat. I have a lot of Slytherin traits, no wonder I'm arrogant." I said, giving him a light smirk.

"How dare you-"

"How I dare what? Say the truth? Also for your information, it's not because I'm a Hufflepuff that I'm nice to everyone. I'm kind to people who deserve to see that side of me and looking up at your history with my friends here you're not really deserving of my kindness. Goodbye Malfoy" I said as I turned my head towards the trio and kept talking to them.

"DID YOU JUST CUT ME YOU IDIOT?"

"This time you're right, I pretty much did."

Harry, Hermione and Ron tried not to laugh in the back.

"Oh and mudblood! Next time you try to insult the Slytherin house remember that your friend Potter, the chosen one almost got in Slytherin, which would've been a shame." He said with a mocking smirk on his face before leaving.

"Don't listen to him Harry, you're nothing like a Slytherin." Ron said, still eating.

"You know there's nothing wrong with being a Slytherin, they're not all like Malfoy." Harry said.

"Hey, can I ask a question?" I said.

"Of course what is it?" Hermione said.

"What did Malfoy mean by Harry is the chosen one? Is it some sort of inside joke that I don't understand?"

Ron almost chocked on his drink, Hermione looked at me in shock and Harry was awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck while blushing.

"Bloody hell, are you saying you don't know who Harry Potter is?!" Ron almost yell.

"Well I presume it's him." I say while pointing at Harry.

"Yes of course, but don't you know the whole story with Harry and You-Know-Who?" Hermione asked me.

"I'm clueless honestly. I do know that Voldemort's a big, bad, dark lord, but I don't know anything more about him nor Harry."

"Please don't say his name!" Hermione whispered while looking around nervously.

"Basically, when Harry was a baby, You-Know-Who entered his house and killed his parents." She says while pointing at Potter. "Then You-Know-Who tried to kill Harry but wasn't able to, which is weird since he's the biggest dark wizard of all times.
He survived and that's where he got his lightning scar on his forehead."

"Woaw... That's a dark story... Harry I'm sorry for your parents."

"It's fine."

"Blimey Y/N, how come you don't know about that story? Everyone in the wizarding world knows about it."

"Well... I didn't grew up around here."

"What do you mean?" Weasley asked.

"My mum's a witch, but my dad's a muggle and I always grew up in the muggle world until last year, my mum told me she was a witch and that I could do great things just like her. So then, we decided to sign me up at Hogwarts."

"Ron, hide her from your dad." Harry chuckled.

"What why? Does he hates muggles?" I asked.

"No, not at all!" Two voices said at the same time.

"Hey Fred! George!" Hermione said.

"Hi, I'm Fred Weasley!"

"And I'm George Weasley!"

"We're twins." They said at the same time.

"Also, Ron's favourite brothers!" Fred said.

"Nice to meet you guys!" I said while laughing a little.

"Oh and our dad doesn't hate muggles! Actually he loves them!" Fred said.

"Then, why would it be a bad thing if I met him?" I asked, confused.

"Because he's obsessed." Harry, Hermione, Ron and the twins said at the same time.

"He reads about them, studies them, talks about them, presents about them, observes them, asks about them to a point where it's really annoying!" George said while smiling.

"When he discovered that Hermione was a muggle born he couldn't stop asking questions about her lifestyle." The other twin added.

Everything clicked in my head. Hermione was a muggle born, that's why Malfoy called her a... mudblood. This disgusting boy. My mom explained me a little about the magic world and all these blood categories. She told me that mudblood is a really mean term to describe muggle borns.

"Well I'm going to go, I need to study." Hermione said as she got up.

"But we didn't even have our first class yet!" Ron said.

"Well I still need to review what we did last year! I'm going to the library."