9: 1993; Quidditch Draco

DRACO'S POV

Thursday, September 16

Today was the first Quidditch match of the year. It was Slytherin against Gryffindor. We had to win, I had to catch the snitch today. Or else, my dad would be super mad. I went to breakfast and my first period.

After that, I had off for the second period so the team and I could get ready. I got into my Quidditch outfit and went on the field. We were waiting for the game to start, when Pansy came to greet the team.

"Hello Draco!" She said in a flirty way.

"I don't have time for your bullshit Pansy."

"Oh come on I just wanted to say good luck."

"Well you said it, now you can go!"

"I hate you." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well good because it's mutual." I said giving her a smirk.

She stumped her feet on the ground and left. We got on the field, the game was about to start. We got on our brooms and started to fly.

The game was going well, we were leading! Then suddenly, I saw the snitch flying in front of my eyes. I sped up trying to catch it. I knew Potter was right behind me, trying to catch it as well.

I passed in front of Y/N and her friends, we locked eyes for a second and it sent shivers down my body. I tried to focus and sped up even more so I could lose Potter.

He came to my level so I decided to hit him in the stomach with my elbow. He groaned, I chuckled. The snitch switched direction, in my eyesight I saw Y/N laughing with Diggory. She was also wearing his sweater. I could tell by the size of it.

All of this scene distracted me and I lost the snitch. Then, two seconds later it was in Potter's hands. I couldn't believe it. We lost the game because I was looking at some girl! Dad's going to be so disappointed!

I saw Y/N and her friends cheering Potter for his catch. I was kind of mad at her for making me lose the game so I bumped into her.

"You're in my way."

"Well I know someone who can't take to lose!" She shouted at me.

I just wanted to get to my dorm so I ignored her and just walked faster. When I got into the room, Blaise was already there.

"I'm going in the shower." He said.

"Oh no Blaise I wanted to go." I groaned, exhausted.

"Fine, I'll go after you." He sighed.

I got into the bathroom and took my clothes off. I looked at myself in the mirror and suddenly started to cry. I couldn't help myself.

I just had so many new feelings recently and I just didn't know how to deal with them. I didn't even know what they were. I just wanted to stop perpetuating this character I've incarnated for the past two years. I was exhausted.

Sometimes I just wanted to be able to say 'sorry' to the people I cared about. But I couldn't. I got inside the hot shower and started washing my hair. I let the water slide on my sore shoulders. It's been a long time since I've played so my body was a little bit hurt after the Quidditch match. I kept crying in confusion, until Blaise knocked on the door.

"Hey Draco, are you dead?"

"Hm no why?" I said sniffing.

"Because you've been in there for 40minutes, usually it takes you about 7minutes max."

"I'm fine."

I decided to get out before Blaise would start to actually think something was wrong. I got dressed in some simple black pants, turtleneck and a belt. I got out of the bathroom and Blaise got in.

"I don't even think you left enough water for me."

I wanted to say 'sorry', but it never came out.

"I'll let you go first next time." I said instead.

"Thanks."

I wanted to go to the library, but I just felt like going somewhere a little different. I headed to Hogsmeade and went in The Three Broomstick. I just wanted no more drama and a good butterbeer.