26: 1993; Presentation Day Draco

DRACO'S POV

Monday, October 4

I was in charms class. In about an hour I was going to do my oral presentation with Y/N. She's so scared to forget her lines. It's the only thing she's been saying the whole time we practiced. She needs to relax, because if she's too stressed she's going to mess up. I could give her a memory potion, but I should've made it before. Also, I don't have time for this. Maybe I could just make her think she drank one so she'll stop stressing out. Yeah okay that's a good idea.

After Professor Flitwick's class I went to my dorm quickly. I took a small flask, put some water and edible glitter in it. This should do.

I arrived in potions and everyone was reading their papers for the oral, I just sat there doing, basically nothing. Y/N arrived and sat next to me.

Obviously, she was stressed so I handed her the small flask that I made, she was a bit hesitant at first, but then she drank it.

"As you all know, today each team will have to present a potion of their choice. Potter, Granger you're first." Snape said.

"The potion we chose is Polyjuice potion." Hermione started.

"See, everyone's going to present Polyjuice." She said to me in a low voice.

"Right." I answered.

I must say she's been clever on this one, because most of the teams that followed took Polyjuice potion for their oral. All of their presentation were boring. I tried not to fall asleep, until Snape called on us. It was our turn. We walked to the front of the class and Y/N started talking.

"Veritaserum is the potion we chose for our presentation."

We were a minute into our oral and she hadn't forgotten a single line.

I saw Crabbe laughing alone in the middle of the class and suddenly, I remembered his plan. I saw him taking out his wand. I didn't even think really, I got my wand out too and whispered "Expelliarmus." while pointing it at Crabbe. I hoped no one had heard me.

Y/N was still talking, she hadn't forgotten her text and now it was my turn to speak. As I was giving the last part of our oral, I saw Crabbe trying to get his wand back. It had landed two rows of desks behind him. When we were done people applauded while we sat back at our places.

"See it wasn't that bad." I whispered to her.

"Yeah that's because your potion helped me, else I would've forgotten everything."

"Want to know a secret?"

"Sure."

I told her that it wasn't a memory potion, that it was fake. She was astonished, Snape looked at her when she talked a little too loud.
She just rolled her eyes while smiling a little.

When the class was over Crabbe stopped me on my way to the common room.

"What was that Malfoy?!" He asked.

"What do you mean Crabbe."

"Well in potions while you and Y/N's presentation."

"Yeah what about it?"

"Why did you Expelliarmus me?! I thought you didn't care about my plan?"

"Well I guess I changed my mind."

"But why? Do you care about her?"

"No. But I do care about my grades you idiot." I said while getting in the common room.

I went up to our dorm. Crabbe was still shouting at me.

"You made me look like a complete idiot!"

"More than usual?" I said mockingly.

"Snape gave me a dirty look, he didn't look so happy!"

"When is he ever happy?"

"You're a complete idiot Draco Malfoy! I'm tired of you!"

"Listen to me now, you little shit. I never forced you to be my friend so if you're so tired of me then the door's there." I said with an angry look while pushing him against the wall.