12: 1993; Letters

Y/N'S POV

Friday, September 17

I woke up and got down in the Great Hall. I sat with my friends at the Gryffindor table and started eating. Hermione looked at me.

"Hey Y/N I had a question!" She said with excitement.

"Yes what is it?"

"Would you like to have a pyjama party with me and some girls in a week, Saturday?"

"Well yes of course! I'd love to."

"Awesome! We'll do it in my dorm. Ginny, Ron's sister and Luna Lovegood will be there!"

"Sounds perfect! I've never met them, but this'll be my chance to do so."

Dumbledore got at the front of the Great Hall.

"Good morning students. I hope you are all doing well. I have to inform you that, dangerous prisoner, Sirius Black escaped from the prison of Azkaban. In order to protect each students of Hogwarts dementors will guard the school. Please do not provoke them or get near them too much. They can't make the difference between you and an actual threat. Stay aware that a curfew will now be put in place for the weekends. From now on, each students will need to be in their house's common room or dormitories at 11:00 pm on weekends. I'll also remind you that 10:00 pm is the curfew for week days. I hope you'll understand. Thank you. Have a great day."

"Well looks like our pyjama party will be a little short then..." Hermione said.

"It's okay! We'll still have fun."

"Can we come too?" Ron asked.

"No idiot, girls only." Hermione answered.

"You guys are boring." Ron said sighing.

"We can have boys night Ron." Harry said.

Ron agreed with a head sign while eating the rest of his breakfast.

I took my last toast and started eating it while walking to my next class. It charms with Professor Flitwick, his class was really interesting I must say.

After classes, I went back to my dorm to drop off my books. I remembered about my hangout with Cedric. I headed towards the library. He wasn't there yet so I just sat at a table waiting for him. After 10 minutes he entered the library.

"Hey, how are you?" He whispered while sitting next to me.

"Pretty good, you?" I asked while smiling at him.

"Good, now that we get to hang out."

I blushed.

"What are you reading?" He asked.

"My defense against the dark arts book. Pretty boring, but I have an assignment to do." I replied.

"I have some homework too, maybe we could work hard so we can have plenty of time to chill after?"

"Sounds perfect!"

We got caught up in our work and after not even 20 minutes we were both done. We spent the rest of our time here getting to know each other with facts about ourselves. About an hour after, I watched the clock.

"Godric! We're going to miss dinner."

We went in the Great Hall and he didn't even hesitate to sit with my friends and I.

"Hi everyone!" I said.

"Hello!" Each of them answered.

"Cedric are you eating with us?" Hermione asked.

"Yes if you guys don't mind."

Everyone invited him with open arms. Everyone except Harry who didn't say a thing for the whole dinner.

At the end, everyone headed back to their respective common rooms. Cedric and I chilled a little bite in front of the fire before I decided to go study in my dorm.

"Thank you for this afternoon." I said.

"It was my pleasure." He said softly.

"Goodnight Diggory."

"Goodnight Y/L/N." He said smiling.

I got in my dorm when I heard Alan knock at the window. I knew my mum would send the letter to me! I took it and opened it.

Dear Y/N,

I reallyyyyy miss you bestieee!! I wish I could come live with you! I also wish I could meet all your new friends and your potential love interest *wink* *wink*! Everything's good here, nothing new really. Nathan and I are still together! He gave me a promise ring, how cute!! My sister's good (still annoying) I almost didn't include her in my letter, but I know you care about her (I can't see why really) my parents are okay too, they miss you too!! I should really come visit you in Australia this summer bestieee! Miss you xx

Emma

I was happy that she wrote back, but I wasn't really in the mood to write right now. I saw Alan picking at my desk. I looked and there was another letter with Emma's one. I opened it.

Why did you mail to Emma?! Imagine if a muggle discovered the wizards world and by your fault! You would be in such trouble!

Write me back, mum.

Argh sorry mum, I just miss my bestfriend! And no I won't write back, I just won't write to anyone. I didn't feel like sending letters.