71: 1994; The Yule Ball

Y/N'S POV

Sunday, December 25

Luna and Ginny came over to my place to get ready for the ball while Draco was out with Blaise to go get their suit for the night.

We were blasting my mum's record player in the room, putting on some makeup, blow drying our hair and pulling on them trying to style them, looking for proper after party shoes and admiring our dresses.

When we found out there was going to be a ball, Luna, Ginny, Hermione and I went into muggle London to find the most unique dresses.

Obviously, after they all found out about Hermione's secret relationship, we cut her off.

"It's great to be the three of us." Luna said, smiling at me in the mirror.

"It is, I know Hydra, Ava and Grace are your friends, but we really miss you y/n." Ginny said, putting on a little bit of highlighter on her cheekbones.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been around much these days. I'm always either with Draco or yeah, with Hydra. It's just been hard to be around the old gang, since the Hermione thing." I said, looking down.

"I know, but Ron needs our support." Ginny said, softly, turning around from the mirror to look at me directly.

"I know and I'm glad he's going with Hydra." I said.

"I am too, he needs to get over Hermione as hard as it is. He really loved her." Ginny said, brushing her hair.

"Do you know who Grace and Ava are going with?" Luna asked, now putting on her dress.

She had chose a silver, mermaid, off the shoulder dress and looked stunning in it. She asked Ginny to zip her up and then she looked at us. She had been really quick, since she didn't make a big fuss about her makeup and hair. She just straightened them, put some silver eyeshadow, a little bit of mascara and her look was done.

"Wow Luna, you look gorgeous! Neville's a really lucky guy." I said.

"Yeah, you're very very pretty." Ginny added, smiling.

"Thanks girls, you're so nice." Luna replied, blushing.

"But yeah, Grace is going with Stephen, the Ravenclaw guy and I reckon Ava is going with her brother." I said, answering to Lovegood's previous question.

"Ernie Mcmillan?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah, he got into a pretty rough heartbreak recently, Ava's trying to spend the most time possible with him." I said.

"I understand her, I try to stay with Ron a lot." Ginny said, taking her dress out of the plastic bag protecting the precious fabric.

Then, she put her outfit on. Her dress was red with sparkles, which suited her perfectly. Red had always been Ginny's colour. She turned around, making her curled ginger hair swing. She looked at me with glimmers in her eyes, which she had put rose gold eyeshadow, winged eyeliner and mascara on.

"You look stunning." I said to her, smiling.

"Yes, Gin! You look amazing." Luna added.

She grinned at us with her shining lips and walked towards me, letting the side slit of her long dress expose her leg.

"Now! It's your turn to put on your dress." She said to me.

I opened my wardrobe and pulled out the dress I had chosen. I left it here and it had remained untouched.

Choose your outfit!

1.