14: 1993; Late Y/N

Y/N'S POV

Monday, September 20

I got up this morning and no one was in the dorm. The window was open to let some fresh air breeze in and the sun rays where hitting the wood floor of the room.

I got in the shower. I felt calm today. After I was done getting ready, I got into the common room. I had an awkward feeling because no one was in there. There were usually a couple of people hanging out with friends, reading or relaxing, even in the morning.

I took my books and headed to the Great Hall, but no one was there again. I looked at my watch and SHIT! I was late! And I was in potions first period. Snape was going to kill me. I ran as fast as I could, almost tripping in my robes. I opened the door of the class and everyone turned around. All eyes were on me, I blushed.

"You are late Ms. Y/N."

"I'm sorry professor, it's because-"

"I don't want to hear about your foolish excuse, 5points from Hufflepuff."

I heard Malfoy laugh a little bit.

"Shut up Malfoy." I whispered to him while taking my spot.

"Why are you late anyway?"

"Are you worried about me?" I said smirking with arrogance.

"No, just want to observe how stupid it's possible for a human being to be."

"Well look at yourself in the mirror and you'll have plenty to observe." I said with a light smirk.

"Mirror."

"What are you? Five?"

"What are you? Blind? Because I clearly don't look five you idiot."

"Well I wish I was, I wouldn't have to look at your ugly face anymore."

"I hate you."

"Glad to know the feeling's mutual."

We looked at Snape after our little argument.

"You will be working in teams on this oral presentation." He said with his usual monotone voice.

I think I'm going to try and get in team with Hermione, she's pretty smart.

"You will be doing the project with the person next to you. It will be easier that way." Professor Snape said.

"I expect no complaints about the teams." He slowly expressed while looking at Malfoy and I.

Argh I was going to be stuck with this dumb rat! I didn't want to work with him. I bet he doesn't even work in group projects. At the end of the class I didn't even want to talk about the fact that Malfoy was my partner for the project so I just took my stuff and left the class.

"Looks like my partner for the project's an idiot." I heard Malfoy say behind me.

"Looks like my partner for the project's a daddy's little boy who thinks he's the shit when he's clearly not." I said in a nonchalant tone.

'Daddy's little boy', I always heard the golden trio say that about Malfoy. Even though I never really witnessed Draco and his dad's relationship it's the first words that came to my mouth.

I turned around to look at a very mad Malfoy. He was red, his face was all crisped and his fists were tightly closed on both sides of his tall body.

"Well Y/F/N, tell everyone why is it you're only joining in third year? Where were you before? In the muggle world? Who are your parents? Do you even have some?" He said in an agressif tone.

As I was about to insult him back I felt a hand resting on my shoulder.

"We should go Y/N."

It was Cedric.

"Yeah..." I said while turning my back on Malfoy to follow Cedric.

"That's it you coward! Just leave!" Draco yelled at me across the hallway, as the small crowd that stayed to watch us argue started leaving.

Cedric and I just wandered the halls together in silence before he stopped and looked at me.

"Hey... Hm I was wondering... You don't have to obviously... But I had a question... Would you like to... You don't have to answer or anything... But I'm going to Hogsmeade Saturday. I was wondering if you'd like to come with me? Maybe?"

"Yes! That sounds really nice." I said with a smile.

"Brilliant."

We kept walking and talking about our classes. I thought in my head, is this a date? No way, we just met each other. He probably just wants to hang out. We arrived at the common room.

"I have a free period." He said.

"Well I have one too!" I said, chuckling.

"Great! Do you want to play chess?"

"Yes."

We played a couple games, he was really smart. Sometimes I'd beat him, but he won a fair amount of matches. We spent our free period laughing, talking, playing and just enjoying the moment. The rest of the day went by pretty normally. At night, I went to bed and fell asleep quickly.