42: 1994; The End, The Start

Y/N'S POV

Friday, January 7

I couldn't describe with only one word the way I was feeling right now. Draco was right. I wasn't happy with Ginny. I liked her more as a friend. But I was scared to hurt her, because I did care about her, a lot. Also, I was scared to lose her, that things weren't going to go back to the way they were.

I walked over to Cedric's dorm. He let me in and I sat on his bed.

"Ced, I don't know what to do."

"Tell me everything." He said taking a sip from his cup of tea.

"I've been talking with Malfoy-"

"Wait what?"

"Yeah... well he's nice to me now. I don't know why, but he is. You know the secret gift I told you about. Well it was from him."

He looked at me, shocked. I proceeded to tell him about everything that happened at the library the other day.

"Well is it true? I mean, that you're not happy about your relationship with Ginny?" He asked me.

"Yeah... It was better when we were friends."

"Then, Malfoy's right. You should tell her."

"But I'm scared to lose her. I still care about her and love her, just not that way."

"You should tell her, because right now you're hurting her more than if you were honest with her."

"You're right. Thanks Ced."

"No problem!"

"And what's up with you and Harry?" I said with a smirk.

"It's perfect!" He said smiling like crazy.

"I'm so happy for you guys." I said.

"Thanks Y/N. Actually we're going on a date this weekend! I can't wait!"

"So cute! Where are you guys going?"

"Diagon Alley."

"That's awesome!"

"Thanks! Also, what should I wear?" He said getting off the bed and walking towards his wardrobe.

He showed me two blouses. One with flowers on it, really classic and neat. Another one with dashing coloured forms on it. Really more abstract and funky.

"I'd go for the second one!"

"Yesss! This is the one I wanted to wear. Thank you, you're a life saver." He said.

"Well I should get going. I'm going to find Ginny and tell her."

"Good luck beautiful, see you later!"

I exited the room and started walking in the halls to find her. Dinner was about to start so maybe she was going to be in the Great Hall.

I went there and yes, she was.

"Hey Gin, can I talk to you?" I said.

"Yes of course babe!"

We got out of there and went in a more quiet hallway.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" She said.

"I think we should break up... I feel like it was better when we were friends."

"Okay."

"Can we stay friends? Do you think we could go back to the way it was?"

"Well I don't know for now, but I'm sure it'll be like before, one day, but right now I need space."

"I totally understand that."

"Great." She said before leaving and taking the way to her common room.

I didn't try to catch her up, I knew she needed to be alone.

DRACO'S POV

I was about to enter the Great Hall for dinner and I saw in a small, dark hallway nearby Y/N standing there, staring at the wall. I walked up to her.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I just broke up with Ginny."

"Oh shit, how are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure she won't talk to me now." She said.

"Well it's normal, but she'll come around don't worry."

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"Why are you nice to me? We didn't really start off on good terms."

"When I was trying to get you to forgive me, I realized that I liked being around you. I liked the way we acted with each other. I've never been close to someone outside of the Slytherin house, because of the reputation I built, but I think that I'm ready to break that. Because I'm not happy trying to be someone I'm not."

"Wow Draco... That's-"

I just couldn't help myself, she was so pretty, so inviting so I kissed her. For a second or two she kissed me back, but then she broke the contact. She looked at me with wide eyes, pink cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I-I can't." She said, before running off.

I really liked her, but I guess she didn't.
I stayed there, frozen, enjoying the fact that for two seconds she did kiss me back.