✰turns out i was wrong ✰

*Y/N'S POV*

It was a good 9 hour ride from New York to Indiana. I decided to ride with my dad because I was not about to put up with Billy's annoyance for 9 HOURS STRAIGHT. I would drive myself absolutely insane.

After the 9 hour ride, we finally arrive at our new home. We pulled up in the long driveway to see a huge two story white house with 2 huge garages, a BEAUTIFUL front yard, and a gated backyard. My mind was blown. I starred at the house in shock for a solid 5 minutes until my dad snapped me out of my thoughts, signaling me to get out of the car.

Okay, my family was pretty wealthy. We wouldnt what you call rich, but definitely what you didn't call poor. Back in Albany, we had a modern a two story house, nothing special I guess. But this... wow. I could get use to this.

I finally get out of my dads big black truck and jump onto the grey pavement driveway. Seconds later, I hear the front door open to reveal a middle aged women running towards my father and soon wrapping her arms around him. "NEIL! OH MY GOODNESS IM SO HAPPY YOUR HERE!!" My new stepmom screams happily. I'm pretty sure my eardrums are now done for.

Susan finally removes her arms from hugging my dad, and onto me. She smiles, bends down and hugs me. I hug her back, obviously. I love Susan, she's a great mother figure to me has been for the past two years. On the other hand, Billy isn't to fond of her. He hates her guts. Just because we lost our mother, he thinks dad isn't allowed to fall back in love. I mean, I get where he's coming from, but it's our fathers life.. we have to let him be happy.

After a solid 5 seconds of hugging, Susan pulls away and keeps her hands on my shoulders. "I'm so glad Max finally has a sibling!! She's going to be so happy your here!" She says excitingly as she walks back to my dad.

I don't know if she knows, but Max hates me. Well, at least that's what I think. Max never talks to me whenever we see eachother, she always gives me the death glare and avoids me. One time we had to share my room because Susan and Max came to visit, and she refused. Why? I have no idea. I just have to get on her good side. I'm actually quite excited to have a sister my own age and in the same grade as me.

I snap out of my thoughts as I start walking towards the house and before you know it, right into the front door where I see Max sitting on the couch with a wash cloth washing what seemed the dirt off her bright red skateboard with skulls printed on the side.

I take a deep breath, walk over to the couch and stand right in-front of Max. "h-hey Max" I stutter. "How's it going?" I say as I sit next to her, watching her wipe down her skateboard.

Max doesn't even make eye contact with me. "Oh, your here? How fun." She says sarcastically as she continues to wipe down her skateboard.

I roll your eyes and get up from the couch, giving her a death glare. Well, I tired. She better not expect anymore from me.

I thought having a sister was going to be fun, turns out I was wrong.