✰sweeter. bolder. better. ✰

*Y/N'S POV*

Nancy and Jonathan come running to us after hearing us scream hysterically. "WHATS GOING ON?!" Jonathan asks in complete panic.

Mike just looks back at them, not knowing what to say... or what to do.

*TIME SKIP, 9:50pm*

We open all of the freezer doors to make a static sound. I mean, it probably would've been easier to just do the walki talki, but we don't want that to die just incase Dustin calls back.

Since El was still recovering and I was basically back to myself, I agreed to spy and see where Dustin is. I mean, it shouldn't hurt me unless Billy's in there again, threatening to kill us all.

The freezer starts humming, so I put the blindfold around my eyes and do what Eleven taught me.

Focus on the static
Focus on the main idea
Focus on the darkness

And that's exactly what I did.

*LUCAS'S POV*

We're all gathered around y/n, watching her to see if she can locate Dustin. I don't mean to interrupt, but IM SO DAMN THIRSTY. And being in a supermarket.. with NOBODY else, no workers, no staff, no manager.. you better bet your ass I'm going to go crazy.

I pull out a coke from my pocket and twist the cap off, making a really loud sound. "Quiet!" Max whisper yells to me. "Oh, sorry." I whisper back, not meaning to disrupt anything.

I then take a sip of my delicious Coke, and damn it WAS GOOD. Actually, good is an understatement. It was God damn AMAZING.

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asks, starring at me in disgust. "Because it's delicious!!" I say, defending myself.

"what?!" Max and Mike whisper to me at the same time, like I'm crazy or something for drinking coke. Now, everyone's starring at me.

"It's like carpenters the thing. The original is the classic, no question about it. But the remake..." I say, but taking another long sip of my coke before saying anything else.

I slurp my coke loudly, making everyone stare at me in disgust and confusion. "Sweeter. Bolder. Better." I say in satisfactory.

"You're insane!!" Mike whisper yells at me. "So.. you prefer the original thing?" I ask him, trying to understand why he's looking at me all weird.

"What?! No, I'm not talking about The Thing, I'm talking about new coke." Mike states. "uh, it's the same concept Dude!!" I argue. "Uh, actually, its not the same concept!" Mike argues back.

"Yes it is!!" "No it's not!!" "Yes it is-"

*Y/N'S POV*

"HEY!!" I scream, ripping my blindfold off. "Sorry..." Mike says. "Sorry..." Lucas copies. I just stare at both of them for distributing me, but I found him anyways.

"Did you find him..?" Mike asks, trying to change the topic. I look at him long and hard, but finally nod my head yes.

"THE MOVIES?!" Lucas asks in utter confusion. "Dustin's sooooo freaked out about the gate, he decides to WATCH A MOVIE?!" He adds, still as confused as the rest of us.

"Yeah, makes TOTAL sense." Jonathan adds, still confused as well. "You're positive he said gate not great, right?" Max turns around and asks me.

"Yeah, like this movie is so great." Mike suggests. "It sounded like gate." I say, shutting them all down. Will hangs onto me as we walk out of the supermarket. Even though I'm not hurt anymore, he still hasn't left my side this whole time.