✰okay DAD ✰

*Y/N'S POV*

For a whole hour, we've been walking up this hill in the one hundred degree heat. This is DISGUSTING and THE WORST THING I'VE EVER DONE. Me along with everyone else is dripping in sweat, just to talk to Dustin's so called girlfriend?! Why couldn't we just do this at night?! This is ridiculous. Oh, and not to mention my foot is HURTING LIKE HELL.

"Ughhh HOW MUCH LONGER?!" Lucas groans as he leans onto Max's shoulder. "Only five more minutes!!" Dustin exclaims with the most energy I've ever seen someone have, especially right now. Everyone groans and keeps walking. I start slowing down and put my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"Y/n?!" Will questions as he stops and waits for me. "Whats wrong?! Is everything okay?! Do you need anything?!" Will spits out a series of questions as he puts his hand on my back, waiting for a response. "I-I'm fine.. it's just my foot." I say as I raise my foot up. "I'm pretty sure when I get home, I can ring this boot out and sweat will come pouring out of it." I laugh and keep my foot up, not daring to put it back down.

"Here, I'll help you out." Will says as he smiles, puts his hands around my waist and plops me up onto him as he holds me bridal style. I laugh at Will's gesture and lean my head on his chest. "Thank you Will, I didn't know how long I could do that for. My leg will be killing mr when I get home." I say as I put my arms around his neck. "Don't worry about it y/n, I'm always here for you.. whenever you need me." Will says as he snuggles his sweaty face into my face. Honestly I would squirm in disgust right now, but it's not like I don't got sweat dripping down my face at one hundred mph right now too.

Will's gesture was super cute. I've been laying in his arms, bridal style for the past five minutes now while he carries me up the hill. He snuggled his face into my face so he can barley see where he's going, and trips almost every second. I just laugh every time he almost does. It's not like if he does I'm going to fall flat on my face and probably break my nose. No
big deal.

"HEY GUYS!!" Mike shouts from the bottom of the hill. We all turn and look at him so he knows he got our attention. "This was fun and all but..." mike taps his watch. "I have to go home." Eleven explains as she holds onto Mike's arm. "But we're almost there!!" Dustin gestures as he points to the top of the hill. It's true, we where basically there. "Sorry man, cerfew!!" Mike explains as he grabs El's hand, and just like that, they both start running down the hill.. not even waiting for Dustin's response.

Dustin's smile fades as he watches two of his bestfriends leave him the day he got back from being gone for two months. He raises his arm to look at his watch, the time reading 4:06. "Cerfew?! At four?!" Dustin questions as he throws his hands up in the air in frustration. "Their lying." Lucas says. "It's been like this all summer." Will says as he looks down at the ground. "It's romantic." Max says. "It's gross." Will says as he makes fake puking noises. I, obviously laugh at his cringy joke. "It's bullshit!" Dustin starts raising his voice, but immediately calms down. "I just got home.." he says. I could hear his voice fill with sorrow and sadness. I felt so bad for him. His bestfriends really ditched him the day he got home to go suck each others faces off, real mature. We'll be the ones laughing when Eleven ends up pregnant when she's only in eighth grade.

"Their loss, right?" Dustin questions. "Onwards and upwards!!" Dustin exclaims. "Suzy awaits!!" His smile reappears on his face as he starts walking up the hill. I gesture for Will to put me down, because I can tell how tired he is and my foot was gaining back power. He nods and puts me down next to him. Lucas, Will, Max and I turn around and start following Dustin up the hill. I wrap my arm around Will's as we walk up the hill.

Seconds later, Will stops dead in his tracks and his eyes start to fill with worry. I nudge Will's arm, trying to see why he stopped. I then look up at his face, and see the same worry.. the same fear.. the same hopeless face I saw when he was frozen at the movies. He puts his hand on his neck and I see goosebumps, in the middle of summer, in one hundred degree heat. I start to go full panic mode because I have no idea what to do or what's even causing this.. Will never explained this part to me. "Will?" I question calmly. "WILL? WILL?!" I start shaking him and snapping my fingers infront of his face, hoping he will regain focus, but it didn't work. Tears started forming In my eyes and not even a second later, started rolling down my face. I hated seeing him in pain. There was nothing I could do.. all I could do is be by his side, and hope that he snaps out of it soon.

After a full minute later, Will finally snaps out of it and regains focus. I let out a huge sigh and wipe the tears that was once rolling down my face. "Will.. a-are you okay?" I stutter, now traumatized from what just happened. "I-I'm okay... yeah I think I'm okay." Will feels himself for some reason and keeps walking, not even giving me an explanation.

"Will?! What the fuck!!" I exclaim as I keep walking by his side. "What just happened?!" I ask.  "Nothing, just daydreaming." He shrugs his shoulders and keeps following everyone else. "Yeah, like there's anyway I'm buying that bullshit." I roll my eyes and keep walking next to Will. "We'll talk about this later, obviously I don't want to ruin Dustin's day like a certain some people." I say as I turn around to see Mike and El still running down the hill, hand and hand.. laughing.

"Fine." Will says as he intertwines his fingers with mine. "For right now, let's just enjoy this." He looks down at me and smiles. I wish I could fight it but GODDAMN, that smile of his. I was trying to be mad at him, but I couldn't help but to smile as well.

About a solid two minutes later we finally reach the top of the hill. Dustin starts unpacking all of gizmo robot looking stuff. Me and Lucas just stand back, while Will and Max help Dustin put everything together.

"So, I don't think I've gotten to talk to you much." Lucas says as he turns to me. "Oh yeah, I guess you haven't." I laugh. "Well" he adds and sits down on the grass. "Tell me some things about yourself. I obviously have to learn more about my girlfriends STEPsister." Lucas raises his voice for Max to hear the "step." Max looks at Lucas and gives him a thumbs up while she helps Dustin put together some static radio.

I sit down on the grass next to Lucas because my foot was starting to hurt like HELL. "Well, i moved here from Albany New York, I love makeup, dressing up, all that type of stuff, and I love a good adventure." I say as I take a sip of the water bottle I brought. "Oh ok that's cool!!" Lucas exclaims. "I've always wanted to go to New York, all the snow and sightings." He says. "Trust me, it's amazing. When you got time, you definitely want to go." I say as I slightly smile and keep watching Will, Dustin and Max struggle to setup.

"Uhm, we could use A LITTLE help here guys!!" Max says as she drips in sweat, her shirt looks like someone sprayed her with a hose. "Oh shit right, sorry." I say as I slowly get up and start walking over. "No no no." Will says as he walks towards me. "You need to take it easy on that foot. I saw how much it hurt you earlier, your not doing anymore damage." Will says like he's my dad or something. "But will-" Will cuts me off. "I said NO!" Will says as he grabs my hand, leads me back to where I was sitting and plops me down.

"Okay DAD." I laugh at my joke and stick my tongue out at him. Will rolls his eyes and gets back to helping everyone, while I just watch.