✰i love you too, sis. ✰

*Y/N'S POV*
After an hour of hanging out with Will, laying on his
bed and talking about anything, literally anything, I finally decide to go home.. since it was 4:34PM and I had to be home before dinner.

I hugged Will goodbye and stated heading home on Max's skateboard, forgetting that my leg still hurt like hell. I walked into Will's house, but only while limping. I guess he didn't notice, and then I just laid on his bed the whole time. How the hell was I going to explain this to my dad and Susan!? I think to myself as I groan and continue riding down the street.

A solid 9 minutes later, I finally arrive at my house and put Max's skateboard in the garage. "SHIT! MAX'S SKATEBOARD! SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME!!" I yell out at myself. I take a deep breath and start limping into the house, preparing myself for what about to come next.

I open the front door slowly and limp into the house. I see nobody in the living room or main room, so I silently applaud myself and keep limping to my bedroom, holding onto the walls for balance. As I'm about to walk upstairs, Max comes running out of the hallway and points a flashlight right in my face, making me go blind.

"YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!" Max says as she keeps pointing the flashlight into my eyes. I reach my hands out to try to grab the flashlight and seconds later I succeed. I then grip onto the flashlight and wiggle it out of Max's hands and throw it on the floor, causing all the batteries to fall out.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Max yells as she kneels down to her now broken flashlight and picks up a battery that broke off. "REALLY Y/N?! REALLY?!" She questions me as she gives me her famous death glare. "Yeah, REALLY. YOU POINTED THAT THING RIGHT IN MY EYES!!" I say as I keep rubbing my eyes, but all I see is red and blue and an occasional purple when I rub them to hard.

"Ugh, YOU HOE!!" She gets up from the floor. "Just letting you know, your buying me a new one." She says as she crosses her arms. "Yeah, sure whatever." I say as I keep rubbing my eyes, not being able to see anything. "How much was it $15, $20?-" I question, but got cut off. "ACTUALLY, $120!! I got it for my birthday." She says as she stares at me, just waiting for me to stop rubbing my eyes and looking like an idiot.

"Yeah, sure ok whatever." I say as I finally start to gain my vision back and see Max, just starring  at me with her arms crossed. "Now, I want to know why the hell you took my skateboard." She asks as she taps her foot on the wood floor, waiting impatiently for my answer. "I took your skateboard because I think I fucking broke my foot and a skateboard was damn well easier than pedaling a bike!!" I say as I roll my eyes, hang onto the stairway and start limping up the stairs.

"UGGGGHHH! You know, you could've just ASKED to use it instead of basically steal it. Obviously I would've said no but STILL. You lying backstabbing bitch!!" Max exclaims as she stares at me, trying to limp up the stairs.

"Yeah? You want to talk about lying and backstabbing?" I pause from walking up the stairs and turn around, still gripping onto the stairwell for balance. "Hm, let's see. Let's talk about how you kept this HUGEE secret that I'm now aware of. This secret that affects me, Billy, our parents, your friends, Hawkins, AND THE DAMN WORLD." I exclaim as I stare at Max, her foot still tapping onto the wooden floor.

"What the hell are you going on about y/n?" She asks, still having no clue what the hell im talking about. "Demagorgan, mindflayer, Will, demo-dogs, El, Hawkins lab, The Upside Down." I say all in one breath, just starting at Max. Her jaw drops as she just stares right back at me, with actual fear in her eyes. "Y-You weren't supposed to find out about this y/n..." she says in defeat, actually not yelling for the first.

"Well, now I do. Every. Single. Bit of it." I say starring her down. "Don't mess with me again bitch, I know all your secrets." I say as I give her the death glare, flip my hair, turn myself around and start attempting to limp up the stairs once again.

"WAIT Y/N!!" Max calls out as she starts running up the stairs towards me. "W-We have to talk about this.. and we have to talk about it now." She says as she grabs my hand and starts dragging me up the stairs, forgetting my foot is basically broken. Actually, I don't think she forgot, she probably just wanted to see me in pain.

"OOOUUCHHHHH YOU RAT!!" I say as I pull my hand out of Max's grip and sit on the stairwell, now looking at my swollen foot. "Thanks a lot you idiot." I say as I turn around to her and flip her off. "COME ON!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!" She says as she grabs my hand, once again and starts dragging me upstairs. I would just whimper in pain like I just did, but I've never seen her so serious, so I just sucked it up and let my foot throb in pain.

We finally reach Max's room. She basically throws me inside her room and locks the door. She then sits on her bed and motions me to come sit next to her. I roll my eyes and sit next to her, but still keeping my distance, I have no idea what this bitch is up too.. it's kind of hard reading her right now. Usually she's just a stuck up bitch who wants what she wants when she wants it.

"Y/n..." Max starts as she turns to me. "I don't think you know how important and dangerous this is." She proceeds as she looks at me, then looks back at the ground. "I moved here with my mom a year ago, and met Dustin and Lucas. Dustins away at summer camp by the way, but he comes back tomorrow. Anywho, these two boys wanted to be my friends so badly for some reason. So, me being the awesome and friendly bitch that I am, I went trick or treating with them and we become friends. But then, they started keeping me out of things. They kept having these secret meetings everyday in the AP room tossing around secrets like they where second grade. I was never allowed to go in, I just thought they didn't like me or like the thought of being friends with a girl. But then.. Lucas told me everything. He told me all about Will's disappearance, the upside down.. everything. And with that, I was now in danger too. I got why they all wanted to keep this secret from me.. because If you know, your now associated with it. Anything can happen to you at anytime y/n.. your not safe anymore. Everyone who knows this secret is in danger every single second of the day. I'm terrified, every single second of the day. Even tho I don't give two flying fucks about you or Billy, I didn't want to bring you guys down with me. If anything where to happen to me, I wouldn't care.. as long as you both where safe. I didn't want to tell you this because that means you would be risking your life.. and I didn't want that for you. I didn't want your life to get messed up the way mine did.." Max explains as tears are now falling down her face at 100 mph, she still looking down at the ground.

I've never seen Max cry before.. I thought she was to stubborn to ever show her emotions. But WOW, I never thought this secret had so much.. meaning. So much danger that comes with it, and my stepsister wanted to keep me safe. My stepsister didn't want me to get hurt, or have to live with this secret. I know get her.. I never thought I would.. but now I do. I see tears falling down Max's face onto her clothes, so I put my hand ontop of hers, causing her to look at me. "Max, I never knew how important this secret was. I never knew how much trauma you have with it, and I never knew that you wanted to keep me out of it.. and keep me safe. So thank you, Max." I say as a tear falls down my cheek also. Max slightly smiles and wraps her arms around me, sobbing into my shoulder.

I'm surprised by Max's reaction, but then I wrap my arms around her to assure her that as her Stepsister, I'm always here for her. Always.

"I love you Max." I finally say as I dig my head into her shoulder.

"I love you too, Sis." She slightly smiles and continues to hug me.