✰let's hit the road ✰

*Y/N'S POV*

"Hey, heads up!!" Hopper warns as we all unwrap our arms from around each other and look up at him. Hopper throws a walki talki to Dustin, him catching it.

"Hey, heads up. You can navigate, just from someplace safe." Hopper assures. "It's not that simple." Dustin states. "The signal won't reach." Erica adds, now walking towards the group.

"Not with this, you need something with a high enough frequency band to relay with the Russian's radio tower. But for that to work, you need someone who has both seen their comms room and has access to a super powered handcrafted radio tower, one preferably already situated at the highest point  in Hawkins. Oh wait, that's me. If you want us to navigate, you got us.. but we need a head start... and a car." Dustin explains, all of us looking at him like he's Bill Nye or something.

"LETS HIT THE ROAD!!" Dustin exclaims, earning a confused glance from Robin and Steve, but seconds later heading for the exit.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS, STAY SAFE!!" Dustin calls out to us, waving. We all blow kisses at him and wave back, wishing the same for him.

Dustin, Erica, Robin and Steve leave the mall on their mission.

"Listen to me, I need to end this, but I will be back before you know it okay?" Joyce says to Will with pain in her voice.

Me and El are in a middle of a conversation, but I just can't help but to over hear them.

"I don't know mom." Will says uncertain, I can also hear the pain in his voice. "No, listen. You're going to be safe there. It's- it's far away from all of this. You just- stick close to your brother and do whatever he says. No matter what, okay?" Joyce explains, tears running down her face.

"I'm not worried about me, Mom, I'm worried about you." Will wailed. "Oh, honey I'm going to be fine. Okay? I'm going to be fine." Joyce reassures Will as she pulls him in for a hug, a tight hug may I add.

I can't help it, tears start forming in my eyes. Will and Joyce's talk reminds me of how close me and my mom use to be. She would always assure me everything would be okay, even in the toughest situations.

I really hope Joyce makes it out. I don't want Will to EVER feel the pain that I went through losing my mother, I can't imagine the sorrow and grief he would go through losing his.

And for El, I hope Hop will get out safe. She's had such a tough life, she doesn't need anymore problems then the ones she's already dealing with.

I wish the best for all three of them.

"Y/n? Y/N?!" El yells as she snaps her fingers infront of my face, trying to get my attention. I slowly turn my head back to her. "Hm?" I hum.

"I was trying to tell you everything you need to know to defeat this Mind Flayer." El states. "Oh shit I'm so sorry, start over." I respond.

"Okay, so we both know this thing is going to come back sooner or later, and if Joyce, Hopper and Murray don't close the gate in time, it's up to us to defeat it." El explains.

"Well, seeing that we're both injured.. I don't know how that's going to work." I say, trying to avoid the topic. "Y/n, we're going to be fine, I promise. We got each other to rely on." El assures, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"On a side note, I still can't believe we're twin sisters." I announce, changing the subject. "I know, it's crazy!! I never thought Papa would.. actually tell me something that's truthful." She says shockingly.

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy to think about, but I'm lucky to have someone like you in my life El, especially as my sister." I beamed with joy.

"Me too, sis." El adds, leaning in to hug me. Of course, I hug her back.. but out of the corner of my eye I see Max, starring us down. Is she.. jealous or something? As soon as I make eye contact with her, she turns her head away like she was never looking at me.