✰Max needs you ✰

*TWO WEEKS LATER*
July 25th, 1985.
6:58pm

*Y/N'S POV*

Susan and dad start to make dinner. We're having spaghetti tonight, requested by yours truly.

Susan and dad came home a week ago, finally back from their vacation to Florida. We broke the news to them that Billy passed away... and they didn't take it lightly, as expected.

Our story was we where all coming back from McDonald's, then Billy was crossing the street not looking, and he got hit. The story behind my leg is that I tried to save Billy, but my leg got ran over.

Their still not over it, and neither are me and Max. Our family's never, EVER going to be the same without Billy.

Me and Max are currently in my bedroom, jamming out to some of our favorite songs. We've both been doing better lately. We have each other to lean on.

Suddenly, over our loud music "Material Girl" blasting, we hear the doorbell ring. Seconds later I hear my dad call to me. "Y/N, ITS FOR YOU!!" He yells up to me.

"For me?" I ask Max, her just shrugging at me. I hurry downstairs, not wanting whoever waiting for me to wait any longer.

I approach downstairs, only to see my boyfriend, Will Byers standing outside the door, but he doesn't have his usual smile on his face.. he's frowning. I can swear he has tear stains.

My dad gives me that glare, the glare that means "no funny business." I roll my eyes and step aside him, now infront of Will.

"Hey, uh.. sorry I came so late but I Uh... I need to talk to you." Will trembles, rubbing his neck in awkwardness.

Oh shit, I've already been down this path.

He wants to break up with me, doesn't he?

He'll be all like "oh, I'm so sorry I just don't feel like this is working." Yeah, heard it before.

"Uh.. oh okay, what's up?" I question, stepping all the way outside and closing the front door behind me. "I think it's better if we sit down." Will states and walks over to my porch swing.

Okay, so what he's about to tell me is super serious. It's either we're breaking up or... I DON'T SEE A SECOND OPTION HERE.

Will takes a deep breath and just looks ahead of him, preparing for what he's about to say.

He then turns to me, making direct eye contact. "Before I start, there's good news and bad news." Will assures, making me less panicky.

I mean okay, maybe he's not breaking up with me!! But what could be so important he came at this time...

"Y/n... my mom informed me, Jonathan and El today that.. in a month, August 22nd, we're... moving." Will hesitates, tears forming in his eyes.

"WHAT?!" I shout, standing up from the swing. "YOU'RE MOVING, WHAT WHY?!" I ask, clearly frustrated and upset at the same time.

"Because this THING, every year it comes back. It doesn't stop y/n..." Will trembles, him looking down at the ground. "Trust me, I don't want to leave. I have all my friends here, the friends that I've had since kindergarten." He explains, the tears that where once in his eyes now rolling down his face.

"Will, this isn't your fault." I softly say, sitting back on the porch swing and Will leaning his head on my shoulder. "We're going to make this work, okay? How bad could it be?" I question.

"Well, that's the thing y/n. That's where the good news comes in." Will states as he takes his head off my shoulder.

"Y/n, i was so upset that I have to leave you, that my mom told me... if you want.. that you can come with us!" Will exclaims, slightly smiling.