✰anything for a friend ✰

*MAX'S POV*

I pace back and fourth across my living room, trying to take all the information I just learned in. Okay, so my stepsister is El's twin sister, and she has powers... AM I GOING INSANE?! Yep, definitely am. This whole situation is insane, every single bit of it.

But, let's not leave out the part where know we know for sure my stepbrother is possessed by the mindflayer. How the hell does that even come to be?! Who would want Billy? None of this makes sense, none of it at all.

"this.. this is INSANE." I scream, the rest of the party looking at me in confusion and sympathy at the same time.

"I know, this is crazy." El adds. "I never would've thought I would actually find my twin sister, or that I even had one. This might have been the first time papa never lied to me.." She says quietly, looking down at the ground.

"Ok, BOTH of my step siblings could have died today, AND BOTH OF THEM ALMOST DID!!" I scream once again and flop onto the couch next to Mike.

"I cant keep putting them in this kind of danger.." I add. "It's all my fault that their here in the first place. If they never came to Hawkins.. they wouldnt be in danger right now." I say, defeated.

"Max.. this isn't you're fault." Mike finally croaks out. "You didn't have control over your parents getting married, or them moving here. None of this is your fault, it's nobody's fault. We need to stop trying to assign the blame and focus on what's really going on, if we don't get that thing out of Billy soon... who knows what he'll do." Mike says comfortingly as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Okay wow.. that's the nicest you've ever been to me." I laugh, putting my head onto Mike's shoulder.

"Well, don't get use to it. Anything for a friend." Mike winks and puts his head ontop of mine. El and Lucas smile and join the hug, making it a group hug. We stay there for a good minute, just wrapped in eachothers arms.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT!!" Lucas exclaims as he pulls away from the hug, causing everyone to look at him with confusion and worry. "WHERES WILL AND Y/N?!!" He questions, looking around the living room.

"Oh, I think they went upstairs, y/n went to take a shower and Will just sat up there...?" El shrugs, looking around the room aswell.

"OH NO THEY DONT!!" I scream, getting out of Mike's grip. "Do they think we're clueless?!" I yell out once again, everyone just starring at me.

"...that she's taking a shower?" Mike asks, scratching the back of his neck. "uh NO, okay maybe you all are clueless." I say in defeat, throwing my hands up and walking to the stairs.

Everyone sees where I'm going, looks at eachother, shrugs but decides to follow anyways. Seconds later, we all get to the top of the stairs, turn left and walk down the hallway towards y/n's room.

The door is closed all the way, but I lean my ear onto the door to hear the bed shaking. "My theory was correct." I say, proudly as I look at the rest of the party.

"....what theory exactly? We're still confused." Lucas adds, starring at me then the door im leaning against. "You all are dingbats." I say as I roll my eyes and bust open the door, only to reveal Y/n and Will on y/n's bed, with her ontop of Will.... making out.

*Y/N'S POV*

"EW EW EW EW!!!!" Mike says as he steps foot into my room and covers his eyes. Me and Will look at eachother and remember I'm only in a bra and shorts, and hes only in his boxers.

"SHIT!!" Me and Will both call out at the same time and pull the covers over us. "This is disgusting..." El says as she just looks at us, not breaking the stare.