Chapter 8

I walked into the great hall keeping my head down, I felt weak but I didn’t want anyone to see my looking weak, as I was in Slytherin I had to keep up an image, I’m not a Hufflepuff for Merlin’s sake. As I walked in, I was about 5 minutes late so most people were sitting down eating; I barely got 5 paces into the hall when I felt all eyes on me. The loud talking turned into harsh whispers and my face burned crimson and I made my way over to Cora and Kylie who were beaming at me. I sat down too quickly and winced at my aching chest and they both looked at me wanting to say something but decided against it. I stuffed my face with food like there was no tomorrow, I looked up and to my surprise Draco was sitting a few seats away from me.

“Why is Malfoy here?” I spat, so I get detention for talking back to a Professor, he tries to kill me and he probably gets a well done from Professor Snape.

“We came in a few minutes before you did, he sat down and didn’t say anything to anyone,” Cora answered, she didn’t look too happy about it either.

“Blaise told me that he came back from Dumbledore’s office,” Kylie added chewing on a ham sandwich. I stopped eating suddenly feeling sick, and glared over at Draco who was staring at his plate. He looked about as much in pain as I was.

After lunch I went straight to Dumbledore’s office, I’ve only ever been in there once when he wanted to talk about my parents. I still don’t really understand that conversation but I don’t think it is important. But I was nervous now, I did hit Draco and flew him across the room and last time I checked that wasn’t a good thing but I had my reason. Was I going to be expelled, surely if Draco wasn’t going to be expelled that I won’t be? But if I am going to be expelled…my parents are going to kill me, they will make Draco seemed like a pug carrying a basket of flowers.

When I got in Dumbledore was sitting in his chair and straightens up when he saw me but he wasn’t smiling, but I don’t think he looked that mad. I sat down in the chair opposite him, my hands shaking under the table.

“How are you feeling Rhiannon?” his voice made me jump but I managed to hide it.

“I’m ok; a little achy but Madam Pomfrey did a good job,” I smiled but he didn’t return it. He didn’t smile often, he smiled at Harry Potter a lot but so does everyone. God I hate that guy and his little friends, it’s one of the few things I have in common with every other Slytherin.

“Do you know what happened to you?”

“I don’t know, I remember hitting Malfoy and then he hit me with a spell that I’ve never heard before,”

“Yes Draco did hit you with something that he shouldn’t even know and we are still looking into that. I don’t if you know but Draco was in here earlier and it has all been dealt with, so there is no need to question him further,”

“Is he expelled?” I asked, I knew the answer but I wanted to get a reason why.

“No, as I know you know he has not been. But I take it you would like to know why,” it wasn’t a question; there was nothing that got past Dumbledore.

“But you’re not going to tell me are you?” I asked, judging by the look on his face I knew he wasn’t going to tell me.

“You are correct,” he answered calmly, I sighed and slumped even further into my chair making my chest ache. He saw me wince and gave me a look of pity, I didn’t like it. I don’t need his pity; I need him to get Draco out of Hogwarts.

“Sir I don’t mean to speak out of place, but I’m sure you know that I do not agree with the fact that Malfoy is still in this school and many people will think the same as me. I can promise you that I will question him no further about what he did to me but I cannot promise what others will think and do. Malfoy had enemies here, people who have been looking for a reason to beat him in a pulp and I think he just gave them a reason,” once I had finished my rant I felt my cheeks burn crimson and I suddenly felt embarrassed. I just had a go at one of the greatest wizards to have ever lived. But he didn’t say anything for a while, just watched me curiously.  I waited for a respond to my rant but I didn’t get any, I tried to think of something to say but nothing came to mind.

“You can leave now, your charm teacher knows you were with me so you won’t be in trouble for being a little late,” he finally spoke making me jump, without another word I got out of my seat, I couldn’t tell if he is angry at me or not. It’s very difficult to read his emotions so I thought it would be better to just leave.

Snape was outside when I left making me jump, I squeezed past him and made my way down to charms class. It was only my first day of lessons and so much had happened, I thought about skipping charms but I didn’t want to risk getting caught. I have charms with Gryffindor that didn’t help my mood, when I walked in; Professor Flitwick stopped talking but carried on quickly after. Clearly every knew what happened and they’ve been told not to make a big deal about it. Every looked nervous and I couldn’t understand why and then I hit me, not literally like last time but it still hurt just as much. There was only one empty seat left in charms and it was next to Draco.

Another short chapter but two in one day, i wrote two because i thought that they are both really short...oops. The end of this chapter is so awkward but i defo wouldnt mind sitting next to Draco even if he tried to kill me...sort of. I dont know i;m just babbbling on now, so i will leave you bye. Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & LOVE xox/