Chapter 11

“What the hell happened?” Cora yelled excitedly before I even managed to sit down.

“Nothing,” I mumbled changing into my night clothes, I could tell that Cora didn’t believe me.

“To be honest, I know what happened, I just wanted to hear it from you that’s all,” she mumbled, I was shocked by her words and finally gave into her and told her everything. But by the look on her face I could tell she had been lying earlier and I gave her a push, it wasn’t hard but it nearly made her fall off my bed.

“You bitch Cora, you lied to me,”

“So did you,” she smirked, she had a point. I couldn’t tell if she was happy about what happened between Draco and me or not.

“I can’t believe you and Draco made out, I mean, he tried to kill you love,” Cora shouted.

“I didn’t plan it Cora, it just…happened. Are you mad?” I asked carefully. I couldn’t deal with her being mad at me.

“I’m not mad Rhian, I’m confused. I thought you hated the guy,”

“I did, I still do…I think. I don’t know Cora, I’m so confused,”

“I don’t know what to say to you Rhian, you’ve had a crap day and I understand that, but I’m here for you,” she said, she may have been a Slytherin and to anyone in Gryffindor she can be horrible, truly horrible but she is a great friend.

The rest of the month was weird; Draco and I managed to get through the rest of the essay without saying anything about the kiss. Sometimes I wondered if maybe he was trying to lean in but he never did again. He did try and talk about what happened but I always directed back to the essay and in the end he gave up. Christmas came quickly, too quickly. My parents said they didn’t want me to come home which hurt a lot but I after thinking about it, I wasn’t that bothered. We have never had a proper Christmas at my house, my parents give me presents but we never have a tree up or anything. But Christmas at Hogwarts it amazing, they have massive grand decorations in each inch of the castle. I always felt more at home in Hogwarts than I do anywhere else.

Kylie and Cora were packing to go home, saying that they felt bad for leaving me.

“Don’t worry, I can guarantee that I will have a better Christmas here than at home,” I assured them, they knew about my parents, most people did.

“You’ll have Draco to keep you company anywhere,” Kylie teased but her smiled dropped when she realised I had no idea what she was on about.

“What are you on about Kylie?” I asked, I knew what she meant but I felt like I needed to ask.

“Didn’t you know; Malfoy is staying here all Christmas as well? I heard him talking to Blaise about how his parents didn’t want him coming home. Like what your parents said to you,” she said, the last bit stung a little but she didn’t seem to notice. Typical Kylie but Cora noticed and gave me a squeeze. But I was still shocked about the whole Draco thing; maybe this Christmas was going to be more awkward than I thought.