Chapter 1

Going back to Hogwarts again for my fifth year was going to be weird. I have spent the whole summer with my parents, not really doing much. I couldn't meet up with Cora or Aaron, even though I would have wanted to. My father didn't want me to leave the house that much; my mother said she didn't agree but not in front of my father. 

The end of last year I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to go back. The exams are getting harder; the people are starting to get on my nerves, awkward ex-boyfriend situation. Hogwarts seems to be changing, the teachers seem to be more on edge than ever. But most of all, I didn't want to go back because it would mean I'd have to see Draco Malfoy. He is known as being the year's number one prick and he was definitely on the top of my hit list. He always gave me these sly smirks; he had no respect for anyone around him. But he's changing. He seems more on edge; the dark circles  that cradled his sunken eyes were impossible to ignore and I barely saw him eat in months.

But despite all of that, I knew it was best that I went back. I was fed up of having to tip toe around my father and mother. Our house stood at the top of the hill, looking proudly over the town we lived in. It was a grand house, with many of the rooms still unexplored. Crystal chandler's in every room in the house, which I've always thought was a little pointless. 

But I missed my friends so much; Cora and Nova had been my best friends since day one when I they came to sit next to me on the train. Both were completely insane and radical in every way. Always getting themselves, and me, in trouble. But Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without them.  And then there is Aaron, I met him when I was put into Slytherin house along with Cora and Nova. He sat next to me when we first ate in the grand hall. Aaron and I dated for about 2 years, before I dumbed him for cheating on me with Pansy Parkinson, a little slut face who was also in Slytherin. We broke up just before the school year ended, which still means that we haven't tied up any loose ends. That's not going to be awkward at all.

My suitcases were all packed for the sixth time, since I got my Hogwarts expectance letter through the door when I was 11. I'm still worried I forgot something but I've checked them about 10 times in the last hour. Our house elf walked in, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor. His whole body was shaking as he looked up at me to say something, not risking looking me in the eye.

"Master Elwin sent me up to collect your bags Miss," he mumbled. I got up and left the room leaving him to carry my bags downstairs. He was small and thin and I wondered how he was going to carry them downstairs by himself. I hated seeing him having to carry them by himself, but I didn't dare help him. Last time I tried, my father punished him for being lazy. I didn't want him to get hurt on my accord. I go to the bottom of the stairs, my parents were in our grand hall. Stood around the obnoxiously long thin oak table in the middle of the room. My mother and father were in there with two other figures, I didn't see who they were until they turned around when I entered the room. It was Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy; they were often in my house talking to my parents about....I'm not ever sure but I didn't dare ask. My mother was the only one to smile at me but my father spoke first.

"Finished packing?" he asked bluntly, I sometimes wondered if he loved him. If so he never showed it. I nodded slowly, they were still looking at me but my mother's smile was gone. I shivered in as a cool breeze flew through the hall, causing a small whining noise to come from the old joints of the doors. I turned to see the cause of this sudden wind; it was our house elf loading the last of my suitcases into car.

"For Lords sake, close the door after you. Do you want us all to catch a cold, you lazy little..." my father's voice cut through the silence of the hall, the voice echoed against the walls making me jump. My mother cut him off before we could finish his sentence.

"Rabastan," my mother's voice was calm but sharp, like most things she said.  She didn't like the way he treated our house elf but in all honesty, I think she cared more about his shouting than the house elf.

"You've become a very beautiful young women haven't you, Rhiannon," it was Narcissa; I was surprised by the comment she made. Considering she has been at my house many times this summer, she hadn't spoken one word to me. I managed to turn my surprise stare into a smile.

"Thank you," I answered, not being able to think of anything else to say. My father was giving me a strange look but like most of what he does, I didn't could figure it out. But I did know he didn't like my presence in the room. 

He opened his mouth to something when our house elf appeared in the doorway and knocked gently on the door. I could see his legs shaking as he stared down at the floor. I knew what he wanted so I spared him the trouble of having to say it and followed him out of the door and into the car. There was no point saying goodbye to any other them, I knew I wouldn't get a response, maybe a quick smile from my mother, but the glare from my father wasn't worth the effort. What a loving house I live in. I looked back at the house and saw our house elf standing in the doorway, what a life he has, to live with people who I can barely stand and they are my family.

***

Once I was on platform 9 ¾, I felt safer. This was where I belonged even if it had Draco Malfoy in it. God I can't explain in words how much I can't stand that boy. He is nothing but arrogant, self-centred coward and he will never be anything else, I guess that's why he's known as the prince of Slytherin. I just hope that I can avoid him as much as possible this year and maybe my life will be a little easier. 

Before I could get on the train a small figure ran up to me and embraced me in a bone crushing hug: it was Cora. I hugged her back when I was able to regain my strength, until that moment, I hadn't realised how much I'd missed her. The final whistle blew as I pulled away from her, linking arms as we both hopped onto the train. Cora and I, joined shortly after by Nova, walked up the train looking in to find any spare seats. Even as the train's engine hummed to life, we still found ourselves with no where sit.

"Let's just go and get changed into our ropes. Maybe a cabin with free up by then," I shrugged, running my hands through my hair. Nice to see the year was already off to a bad start.

"We still have one more carriage to look, there has to be some seats up here," Cora said, leading the way up the train. Each of us turning our heads at each carriage to check for empty seats. As we reached the final carriage, I half-heartily looked through the window, just about ready to give up. But the faces that stared back at me where the exact faces I'd hoped to avoid; Blaise Zabini, Gregory Goyle and Draco Malfoy. I tried to turn right back around, bumping into Nova as I did so. I began some mumbled statement about it being full but Nova just pushed past me.

"Rhiannon, there's room in here, I know it's not our own one but at least there's room," Nova said.

"And I am not spending the rest of this train ride standing up," Cora butted in.

"What's wrong with this one anyway?" she asked, taking a better look into the carriage. I opened my mouth to answer but was cut off by a comical oooohhh from Nova. It was no secret to anyone that I hated him. Draco knew better than anyone.

"Rhian, I'm not standing any longer, just grow a pair and sit down," she moaned, despite knowing I was going to hate every...single...second of this journey. 

***This fanficition is quite old (I wrote is around 6 years ago, when I was 14), and honestly, I'd kind of forgotten about it. But I do still love this story, so I'm currently going through a re-edit. The main story will stay the same, just not so much 14-year-old grammar. So bare with me***

Its a really long first chapter, I just wanted you to get a good understanding of Rhiannon and her home life and also how she feels about Draco. I have written out a plan for this story and I am very excited about it. Its not just a love story but has also a lot of action in it. I will try to update regularly. Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE IT! x