Chapter 21

Where the hell did he go? Why did he just leave like that? I gripped my wand tightly, dodging random spells that were being thrown at me. How did death eaters get in here, it was made impossible for them to get here, Dumbledore made sure of that. I ran down a thin corridor, trying to find Draco when I felt a figure behind me, before I could turn around I was being pushed against a wall, my back slamming against the hard stone. I let out a scream but they were muffled by a hand on my mouth. My eyes looked at my kidnapper, it was Aaron. He looked at me but he still didn’t remove his hand from my mouth, I struggled under his grasp but he didn’t let me go and I started to panic. I looked down at his arm and my stomach dropped. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, I saw a twisted snake coming out of the mouth of a skull burned into Aaron’s skin. Aaron was a death eater. I started to panic even more and I struggled hard under his tight grasp but he wasn’t letting me go but he eventually took his hand from my mouth. I went to scream again but he pushed his wand against my throat forcing me to shut up.

“You scream again Rhiannon and I will kill you,” I snapped but he wasn’t shouting. He was looking around to see if anyone was watching and then focused his eyes on me.

“What happened to you?” I whimpered. Alex saw the fear in my eyes and loosened his grip a little but it still wasn’t enough for me to move away.

“You chose that little brat Malfoy over me,” he spat his name like it tasted bad in his mouth.

“Aaron please…” I whimpered again, he pushed his wand even further into my throat making me whimper in pain.

“Don’t make excuses Rhiannon,” he snapped, I really thought that he was going to kill me there and then.

“Aaron, why did you do this to yourself?” I asked, he has been offered to become a death eater before because of his parents but he never took up the offer. He said to me that he would rather die that join them and yet here he was.

“I’m going to kill you Rhiannon,” he whispered with a smile slowly creeping across his face. I wanted to cry but I didn’t want him to have that satisfaction. He began to mutter a spell but a flash of red light flew across the hall hitting Aaron causing him to fall to the floor in a frozen state. My whole mind spun at a 100 miles an hour, I found it hard to breath. I felt strong arms around me, her hair tickling my face. I found my arms slowly wrapping around her body and hugged her tightly, sobbing softly into her shoulder.

“Where the hell have you been Rhiannon, I’ve been looking for you,” she muttered, pulling away from me. Cora had a deep cut on her cheek that as bleeding and had small bruises forming on her neck. I looked around for Kylie but couldn’t see her.

“I went after Draco, he just went running off. I lost him. Where’s Kylie?” I asked hopefully and I could see tears forming in Cora’s dark eyes. I felt sick, this couldn’t be happening. Not Kylie, please not Kylie.

“They were too quick Rhian; we went looking for you after you left the party. Kylie thought that she saw you and ran ahead of me but when I could there it was too late,” she was crying louder now and I was trying hard to hold back tears.

“Who did it?” I asked, feeling not only sadness but anger towards the death of my best friend.

“Walden Macnair, I recognised him from the papers a few months ago,” she mumbled.

I gave my friend another hug and we just stood there for a few moments, allowing our emotions to slowly calm down.

“What now?” Cora asked, stiffening up and wiping the tears from her eyes and looking straight at me.

“Go and find some first years and get them safe, you are the best witch I know when it comes to the defence against the dark arts. There are going to need your help,” I said, it was true. Since second year no one has been able to beat her in a duel. Not even Malfoy. She was amazing and they really did need her help. But I mostly wanted her gone so I could go and find Draco and I know she wouldn’t approve. We embraced in another hug and I went to walk towards the astronomy tower.

“You’re going after Malfoy aren’t you?” Cora asked as I walked away. I turned around and gave her a look that answered her question.

“Be careful,” she spoke just quietly enough for me to her. I gave her a nod and watched as she ran off down the corridor towards the screaming of young students. I ran over Aaron’s still frozen body and ran up towards the astronomy tower my heart beating hard in my chest.

Before I got there a heard high pitched screams of glory coming from the top of the tower, I ran to the window to see the same mark that was on Aaron’s arm, forming in the clouds. My legs felt weak but I pushed forward and went to run up the stairs but was pulled away, tripping on the stairs. Before I could scream there was a warm hand covering my mouth but it was gentle as the figure moved me quickly out of view.  I pushed whoever it was away and held out my wand but lowered in when I saw Harry Potter with his fingers to his lips.

“What the hell Potter? Where’s Draco?” I snapped in harsh whispers.

“Please be quiet, Rhiannon is it?” he asked and I nodded still glaring at him.

“Where’s Draco? And why are you here?” I snapped again but kept my voice low; he clearly had a reason for being so quiet. But before Harry could answer there were loud screams and laughter as heavy footsteps pounded down the stairs making me jump. Harry and I both jumped into the shadows, but still had good view of who was coming down stairs. There were a number of death eaters coming down the stairs and in the middle of them was Draco, he was looking around. I wanted to run into his arms and his him but there was no way I could. Why was he with all the death eaters? But then it hit me, all the running off, all the secrets, the weight loss. Was Draco, my Draco a death eater? Once they were all gone, I couldn’t help but lean against Harry for support and being him he put his arm around me.

“Is he a death eater?” I asked into his shoulder, I know Harry and Draco have never got on and I’ve never liked him either but the fact that he saved me from walking up to a room full of death eaters and comforting me, made me like him that little bit more.

“Yes,” he said clearly, he had clearly known for a while and seemed happy about being able to pass on the information. I could tell he wanted to tell me something else but wasn’t sure whether to say it or not.

“Rhiannon, Dumbledore is dead, he was murdered…by Draco,” Harry finally spoke and my whole world collapsed.