Chapter 31

Draco POV

The sun was harsh early in the morning; I could feel it a heat pushing itself through the emerald curtains. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and allowed the dizziness from sleep to disappear. For a few moments my life was pure, without worry or pain or fear. I was a young boy again, practising his potions when his parents were at work. I was just a life boy with a bit crush on a girl named Rhiannon Elwin. But those moments past as they do every morning. Sometimes I hope that the memories and feelings stay just a little longer. But they never do, in fact they seem to become less beautiful and calm, as the truth of my present life plagues and good memory I have left.

Rhiannon used to help me with that, she was the one that told me that I was good and that my life was more than what I once thought I was. But now she is gone I have nothing. I know she's not actually gone, Shea not dead but I am dead to her and she will never see me in the same way again, and I dont even know why. Rhiannon now only sees my mark and what I have aloud to happen to me, she only sees my father's mistakes. But there has to be something else, with all the rumours about what I had become, surely she must have had the thought in the back of her mind. There has to be something else but I doubt I will ever find out what.

I glanced at the large grandfather clock in the corner of my room. My parents would be gone by now, the house should be empty. This happened often but I didn't mind it anymore. I liked being alone in my house, when my family was here it always brought about too many...complications. I pulled on some old ripped jeans and a tight black V-neck t-shirt and padded, barefotted, across the room, pulling open the door. I looked over at Rhiannon's door. She must have tried to escape during the night but someone had put a charm over her door. I thought Rhiannon was smarter than that and I bet she tried to apostate out as well, I bet she had an unwelcomed surprise when she tried that. I took out my wand and flicked it towards the door and the white light faded and the door flung open. Rhaonnk must have been leaning against the door because she fell in the hallway, banging her head in the floor. She cursed loudly and I was at her side without even thinking.
"Are you okay?" I asked going to touch the back of her head but she pulled away like I had some contagious disease.
"Get away from me Malfoy!" She spat and tried to get up herself.
"Rhiannon please..."
"Dont, just dont,"
"Rhiannon you have to tell me why you hate me so much!" I was screaming now and I didn't care who heard it. I can go the rest of my life not knowing why the woman I love has suddenly found such a strong hatred for me.
"You disgust me Malfoy; the mere sight of you make a me what to be sick. You know the worst part of being here, is not the threat against my life and to others or that my own family has turned against me to save their own lives or the fact that one of my best friends are dead, and that the other is dying. It's none of that, its the fact that I have to see your face every day and not being able to kill you," her words dripping with hatred and every word felt like a bullet to the heart. Rhiannon not only hated me but she wanted me dead; if this was the case, then why do I still love her. I was about to turn away when something caught my eye, Rhiannon was still wearing my necklace.
"If you hate me so much, then why are you still wearing my necklace?" I asked, there was a small amount of hope in me. Maybe she was just confused and upset and that maybe she did truly love me still. But my hope was short lived. She played with the necklace with her thumb and forefinger and the violently ripped it from her neck. The limp chain hung from her grip. She loosens her hand to reveal the snake and its emerald, I wanted to cry. She looked around and saw a small open window at the end of the corridor and started to walk towards it.
"Rhiannon please, dont do this," I ran up to her and held her face in my hands.
"You loved me once and maybe you still do. Whatever this is we can get through this together, like we planned to. I will always love you Rhiannon. Always." I whispered, all my emotions were running through me at top speed and I forced myself not to cry. She looked into my eyes and for a moment I thought she was going to cry and she did, but not for the reason I thought.
"How could I ever love a disgusting sick bastard like you,"she finally said and threw the necklace out of the window. She pulled away from me and walked back into her room, slamming the door, leaving me frozen where I stood.

Hoped you enjoyed that, I know it's a bit slow at the moment but keep going, to find out if Rhiannon and Draco will ever make up....

Dont forget to COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE x