Chapter 5

I sat down in my seat, making it clear I didn't want to sit next to him; he was smirking at me and seem to be enjoying my misfortune. God I hate him.

"Don't say anything to me Malfoy," I snapped before he could say anything, but my efforts were cut short because he had to go and open his mouth.

"You just can't get enough of me can you?" Draco teased; I turned to look at him, his sexy smirk spreading across his face, he was doing it to get a reaction out of me and I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. But there was one soothing thing about all this, there are many things I'm confused about but ones things for certain, I still hate Draco Malfoy.

"Shut it Malfoy," I snapped at him and turned back to Slughorn who was telling us how to make a cure for boils, which we learnt in our first year so I quickly got bored. I could feel Draco watching me and it quickly got annoyed.

"What's your problem Malfoy, stop staring at me, it's creepy?" I snapped in a whisper so Slughorn couldn't hear me, Draco broke away from me looking embarrassed, I allowed myself a smile. After a few minutes I felt a cold hand run up my upper thigh. Of course the hand belonged to Draco, I pulled out my wand,

"ALARTE ASCENDARE!" I shouted without thinking and Draco was propelled high into the air and was throw heavily against the wall. Oh crap now I'm really in trouble. Distracted by my own thoughts I didn't see Draco clamber to his feet. I felt bad for it, I couldn't help myself but I did. I should have just punched him in the nose or something but I panicked. But for once in my life Draco scared me. I've hit him a few times with spells, mostly ones that make in drop his books or one that pulled his cloak over his head. But now, he no longer had that cheeky smirk, he didn't even looked pissed. All I saw in his eyes were hatred. For the first time this year, I really saw Draco. I saw how much he had changed over the summer. The dark circles under his eyes were more visible and he had clearly lost lots of weight.

Draco took his wand out from the inside pocket in his cloak, I could see his brain working, trying to think of a spell. I held mine up ready to block or move away from anything he was about to through at me. I could hear Slughorn screaming at us to sit down but it soon became white noise.

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" yelled Draco; my mind was spinning so fast, trying to think what spell that was that I forgot to move out of the way. The strong grey light hit me hard, I sudden great wave of pain spread across my chest if felt as though I had been slashed by a sword. I lay on the floor gasping for breath, I could hear Slughorn shouting and everyone leaving the classroom but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I felt warm crimson liquid spread across my chest, soaking my shirt and robes. I struggled to keep my eyes open; I saw a dark figure loom over me. It muttered something but my eyes became too heavy and I let them close, plunging me into darkness.

I wrote about twenty different versions of this chapter. I know its different from the books and that Draco doesn't actually use that spell. 

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & LOVE x