Chapter 44

Haven't updated for ages but school is starting up again and I have so much work to do.

Rhiannon's POV

I awoke to the sound if a loud crash; I sat up quickly causing my head to spin widely.
"Dont get up too quickly, you've got a huge cut on the back of your head," said a stern voice. Whoever it was placed a strong hand on my shoulder, forcing me to lie back down. I managed to forced my eyes open, the heavy light made the back of my eyes sting. I was lying on a dirty mattress on the floor; it took me a while to recognize the place. I was at Hogwarts in the hospital wing, it was hard to recognise. There were no hospital beds, all the Windows had been shattered and one of the walls had been blown completely off. There was no one else in there apart from the person who was attending to me; I looked up to get a better look at who it was. I recognize who it was straight away, it was Seamus Finnigan and he didn't look happy to see me. Seamus had mud all over his face and neck, his skin was painted for cuts and bruises but they was a deep cut running from the top of his cheek bone all the way down his face.

Before I could say anything else, all the events previously hit me very quickly and I started to panic and loads of worrying questions plague my head. Why am I here? What happened? Does Voldemort know I failed my mission? Where is Draco? Is the baby okay? I suddenly felt very dizzy, I tried to stand up but something was pulling at my ankle. I removed the covers to seenthay my ankle had been tied to the bed. I struggled and pulled at it but the thick rope just but further into my skin. I patted down my body to try and find my wand but I couldn't find it anywhere.
"Looking for this?" Seamus held out my wand, just too far for me to reach.
"Give me my wand back Finnigan!" I shouted, swinging at him but he moved so that he was too far away.
"I wouldn't stress yourself too much, not with a baby on the way," Seamus replied slyly. I stopped struggling and looked down at my swollen stomach. My spell much have worn off and now the 5 months of pregnancy was finally showing. I ran my hand up and down my belly and suddenly felt a strange feeling of both happiness and fear.
"Why am I here? Where's Draco?" I asked; the anger in my face had disappeared.
"You're here for your own safety," he answered matter-of factly.
"My own safety?"
"Yes, because trust me when I say that Voldemort's followers are not the only ones who want you dead. A few of us have a few strong opinions, especially Ron," Seamus answered.
"The war is over?" I asked, waiting for a response, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted the answer to be.
"Yes and to answer your next question; yes, Voldemort is dead," Seamus said in a very happy tone. I wasn't sad to hear that Voldemort was dead; in fact I was quite happy. I hated the man and everything he stood for; except when it came to Harry Potter if course. But i was shocked; I really thought we were going to win and that I would live with Draco and the baby...Draco!
"Where's Draco?" I asked; panic and pure feat was pulsing through my body. The last time obese him, was right before the ceiling fell down on us. He can't have left me...but that could only mean that he's...no he can't be. He probably left with his parents after Voldemort died...what if he thinks I'm dead...
"He's dead!" A voice annouxed as, what was left of the hospital doors, flung open. It was Harry, followed shortly by Hermione and Ron.
"What?" I stuttered.
"Draco Malfoy is dead," Harry Potter announced again, not bothering to hide his smirk. My heart shattered into a million pieces, each piece razor sharp, cutting into my organs. My lungs felt as though they were filling with blood and breathing became increasingly difficult.
"No please, please no, not my Draco," I whimpered. Harry came and sat next to me and place a hand on my shoulder.
"Every action has consequences Rhiannon. The bigger the actions, the bigger the consequences and what you have done has done with the biggest of sacrifices," Harry said, his voice was stern but kind. He didn't have a mocking tones in his voice anymore.
"How...How do you know?" I stuttered, hoping maybe I could say goodbye to his body or something.
"Someone said they saw him fall to the ground and his parents picked him up and took him away...he was killed with the killing curse," he spoke, his voice, his voice was gentle now as he watched tears roll down my cheeks.
"I'm sorry Harry, this is all my fault. I have been the cause of so many deaths, I'm so sorry," I cried, putting my head in my hands. Harry didnt reply but he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. His warmth felt nic against my skin and I eventually cried myself to sleep in his arms, with only one thought crossing my mind as I was consumed by sleep...Draco is dead.

That was really long but this is so close to finishing. The next chapter is the last and then theres and Epilogue to tie up any lose ends.

Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE x