Chapter 43

Draco's POV

"You don't know?" Hermione asked me, Rhiannon no longer looked confused but scared, scared of what Hermione will say next. I started to get angry; I was clearly missing out on something and I didn't like it.
"Know what?" I asked, I was so confused, Hermione looked straight at me.
"Rhiannon's pregnant," Hermione spoke quietly. The whole world paused, everything stopped, and all I could hear was the sound of my breath, quickly increasing by the second. She's pregnant, what have I done? We can't bring a baby into this world, not at this time. It's too dangerous; we would be bringing it up in the middle of a war...and Voldemort, what if he found out, what he would to the child. Rhiannon was looking at me and she was crying, she didn't look surprised at all.
"You know? You know you're pregnant and you didn't tell me!" I shouted; all of the planning to kill Harry Potter flew out of my head.
"Draco please, don't be mad, I was going to tell you after the war, I promise," she mumbled, I don't know why I was getting so angry. I should be happy about it but I just couldn't bring myself to be.
"How long have you know?" I asked.
"Draco I-"
"How long have you known Rhiannon?" I shouted.
"About 3 months. I'm 5 months gone,"
"3 months! 3 fucking months you could have told me. You kept this a secret from me, my own soon-to-be child," I shouted, but when the words left my mouth something changed. My soon-to-be child...I'm going to be a father, I'm going to bring up a child with the girl I love...without thinking, I grabbed her waist and kissed her on the lips. She was ridged at first, purely because of the surprise kiss but her body then completely relaxed and she kissed me back.
"Bombarda Maxima!" It was Aaron. Harry, Hermione and Ron had run off while Rhiannon and I were talking (and kissing) but thanks to Aaron's spell, he brought down a chunk of the ceiling right in front of them. Ron cursed causing Aaron to laugh.
"Right enough kissing around, just kill him already Rhian," Aaron laughed, I stiffened with nerves. I wanted to run away from it all like the coward I am but not now. It will ruin everything and I can't do that to Rhiannon. Rhiannon lifted her wand, Harry, Ron and Hermione did the same. I could see Ron muttering something under his breath, without thinking, I apostates right behind him, my wand pointed at his throat. He struggled against my grasp I was a lot stronger than he was. The test of them turned to me in surprise but Rhiannon didn't move her wand. Whilst Harry's back was turned, she took the chance.
"Everte Statum!" Rhiannon screamed, throwing Hermione far down the corridor. Ron screamed after her, thrashing around in my grasp but I kept a strong hold on him. She barely looked at Aaron and he ran towards her. He pulled her up roughly and pressed his wand hard against her throat making her let out a small whimper. Harry was left alone, his wand held right in his shaking hand.
"Expelliarmus!" Rhiannon said, Harry's wand flew out of his hand and landed by my feet, I kicked it far away from his reach.
"Rhiannon please, you don't have to do what he says. I can help you, we can help you. You just need to let us, please," Harry mumbled, stumbling backwards as Rhiannon made her way over to him.
"You don't know me Potter. You left me to die there, you don't care about me so don't pretend like you do. The Dark Lord has opened my eyes, I can see now how better the world would be without you," Rhiannon said.
"But he's made you become one of them," Harry said, his voice was said; he looked over at me and Aaron, like he almost felt sorry for us. That little git. Rhiannon pulled up her sleeves and showed het bare skin to Harry.
"I'm not one of them, I never have been and I never will be. Voldemort never made me get the dark mark, he asked me to but I said no and he accepted that. I am my own person Potter, I live by my own rules and He knows that too. I want to kill you, I hate you so much Potter and all I want to do is kill you and that's what I'm going to do," there was a thick layer of crutely in Rhiannon's voice, she wasn't herself anymore. Her hatred for Harry Potter has turned her into someone else and I fear that she wouldn't be able to go back into who she used to be.

There was a long time of silence, I'm not sure quite how long it was but I know that it was too long for me. The cries of dying death eaters and students alike were starting to drive me crazy. No one had crossed out oath yet and that was worrying, we were in the corridor leading up to the Hufflepuff common room and we haven't seen a single student and or death water. But as if on cue a loud explosion sounded right about our heads. I let go of Ron, as I shielded my head from the falling blocks of concrete, it was all a blur but I heard Rhiannon screaming. Smock was blurring my vision, I tried to get up and run towards the screaming, I couldn't see anything. I eventually found the source of screaming, after running down many different corridors, thinking that maybe Rhiannon had tried to run off to find me. But the source of the screaming was not Rhainnon but a first year Ravenclaw girl, her side was bleeding and she was in the floor finding it hard to breathe. She opened her eyes and looked straight at me, I could see the fear growing in her eyes. No one had ever looked at me like that before, why was she so scared of me? I tried to think of ways to help her buy by the time I got my wand out, she had become very limp and she was no longer breathing. But her dead empty eyes were still pinned on me. I panicked and ran out onto the court yard where it seems like everyone was. Harry Potter was standing in front of Voldemort, both of their wands outstretched to each other, how did he get out there? I must have been walking around for longer than I thought. Maybe I got knocked out? I saw my mother and father standing behind them, Voldemort saw me come out and he didn't look happy. My mother looked at me in such a way that I knew exactly what was about to happen. Rhainnin and I had failed and now it was over, the Dark Lord was going to die.

I finally reached my parents without drawing too much attention to myself. My mother have me a hug and my fateht gave me a slight nod.
"We need to get out of here. Now," my mother whisperted.
"Not without Rhainnonz" I said a little too loudly, a few of the death eaters turned around to look at us.
"Draco darling, if she's not here then-"
"No! Don't say that!" I shouted.
"Okay Draco calm down. If she is alive, she will realise where we have done and she will come and find us. I promise. But we need to leave now," my mother said.
"But I can go look for her," I begged, I went to walk away but my father grabbed onto my wrist pulling me back.
"Don't touch me!" I hissed, pulling my arm out of his grasp.
"Draco please, we need go," my mother whispered. I hated the idea of leaving Rhiannon but I still followed my mother and father out of Hogwarts, a strong painful feeling in my heart, but I managed to push it down and continued to walk down the bridge.

Before we could get to the end of the bridge, I turned to look. There was a massive mix of green and red light and then nothing for a few seconds, I then saw small pieces of what looked like asj rise up in there air. My mother pulled me away, we all stopped as we felt a strange burning feeling coming from where out Dark Marks were. I rolled my sleeve up to see my Dark Mark had gone; it had completely gone, like it never existed but of course that wasn't true, the Mark may be come but the memories were there burnt into my brain, haunting my dreams.
"Voldemort is dead," my fateht said and at that point we all apparated back to Malfoy Manor. Now that Voldemort was dead, there is no one to protect us, no one to stop them from coming after us...killing us. I was seriously considering where there was any point carrying on, someone is bound to find us one day and kill us...Maybe I should just end it all while I can. If my mother truly believes Rhiannon is gone....goodbye Rhainnon

Wow two updates in one day, I'm on a roll. And this chapter was super long. Hope you all loved.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE x