Chapter 45

Rhiannon's POV

It's been about nine months since the war had finished. Hogwarts was and and running, but the painful memory still lived strong through the walls of Hogwarts and in the memories of others. I not only had to adapt to Draco not being there but to being a single mother. When I had my child I was scared and thought many times about giving it up while I was going through my last weeks of pregnancy. But when I held my new baby boy in my arms, I felt a strong feeling of love, a feeling that I never knew a human could feel. I wanted to protect him, hold him, and tell him he was loved more than anything in the world. I wouldn't change having Scoripus for the world, I just wish Draco was here to see his beautiful son. Scorpius was only 5 months old and every night I would sit in my room and tell him stories about his father, tell him every detail about what he looked like, how he was a good man, a strong man and that I loved him and he loved both of us. I didn't want him to forget he had a there and despite what others may tell him in the future, I wanted him to know that his father was not a coward but a great wizard.

I now lived in Hogwarts; I decided to do my last year at Hogwarts. Having nowhere to go, as my father was killed during the war and my mother was sent to Azkaban, Professor McGonagall let me live in Howgarts. During lessons, the ghosts would look after Scorpius and even though I felt nervous at first, it meant that I could finish my final year at Hogwarts. There was a time where I was thought I was going to be taken to Azkaban with my mother but I never was, I never hid from them but they just never came. All I know is that Dumbledore wrote a letter in his will before he died, about me to the minestry of magic and now I have been pardoned. I would have loved to know what was in that letter but whatever it said, I am truly thankful to Dumbledore.

I was definitely not popular at Howgarts, I used to be th most popular girl in the school and now I have to get private lessons because the abuse went from name calling, to death threats, to near murder attempts. But I didn't care, I allowed them to do it because I know deserved everything I got and not a day goes by that I don't hate myself and what I did. I would have given up on it all if it wasnt for Scorpius, he needed me and his smile, almost identical to Draco's, kept me going throughout the day. He was so much like his father.

I often thought of Draco, confused as to why he left me? I hated that he wasn't here but there was something wrong, it didn't feel like he was dead, I know it sounds stupid and that's why I try to bury the thought, I just give myself false hope. But there was still something not right...something that I wish I could understand.

I held Scorpius in my arms; he was playing with my necklace giggling to himself. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. I have him a small kiss on the top of his bold head.
"We're going to be okay you and me. Your daddy isn't here but we can pull through, I know we will. If you can survive all that while in mummy's tummy then I'm sure we can pull through this. You look a lot like daddy you know, you have the same grey eyes," I said, I'm pretty sure he couldn't understand what in was saying but he was hanging off my every word.
"They were always my best feature," a voice called out, my heart stopped for a second and then sped up to an uncontrollable speed. I didn't want to turn around because I knew it was all a dream. I couldn't be who I thought it was, if I turned around and it wasn't him, I would he heart broken all over again. I slowly turned around and I saw the familiar tall slim figure, platinum blonde hair and his grey eyes. He couldnt be real could he, he's dead. I nearly dropped Scorpius in shock...but I didn't.
"Draco," I cried, I didn't move out of pure shock. He ran over to me and embraced me in a hug, he was real, he was alive, my Draco was alive. He held my face in his hands and his lips met mine and he kissed me passionately, our lips fitted perfectly once again, I was crying, tears streaming down my face.
"You're alive. I thought you were dead,"
"I nearly was. O Rhainnin I've missed you so much. I would have found you sooner but the ministry were trying to find me guilty of not but I've been pardoned. Something about a letter from Dumbledore. We can finally be together," Draco said, he looked as though he was about to cry. But before I could say anything else, Scorpius made a strange gurgle noise and went to grab Draco's fingers. Draco's face dropped, for the first time he saw that I was holding my child...our child.
"Is that-?" He stuttered and a smile spread across his face, the biggest smile I have ever seen.
"This is Scorpius...your son," I answered, proudly handing him Scorpous. Draco took him and this time tears left his eyes. All I could see was pure love in his eyes, he looked young again, happy. He hugged Scorpius tightly but not too tight.
"He's beautiful," Draco whispered.
"He is, isn't he, Draco we are fianally a family, we can-" but my words were interrupted by soft lips on mine; I could smell the familiar soothing sent of peppermint. My Draco was back and now we are a family.
"I love you Rhiannon," he whispered, his lips brushing against mine when he spoke.
"I love you too," I answered and our lips found each other's again.

Aww that was the last chapter. The next will be the Epilogue and then that's it for 'His Slytherin Princess'. I'm kind of sad tbh